Popular "Counters" that dont ever really work so well.

#1EDumeyPosted 11/20/2012 6:08:45 PM
Kassadin apparently counters Anivia. I have never had an issue pre or post 6. She scales so much better off of levels and can push so easily that Kass has no choice but to babysit his turret all laning phase.

Teemo apparently counters Darius. I've never played this matchup myself, but every time I see it, the teemo manages to get cocky with his harassment and get pulled and 1combo'd to death. In theory he wins, but I've never seen it.
(I've seen Kayle similarly mess up, but her sustain and ult seems to allow that she doesn't just straight up lose from a mistake.)

Moar.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#2OwlRammerPosted 11/20/2012 6:09:13 PM
the teemo manages to get cocky with his harassment and get pulled and 1combo'd to death

there's the problem
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#3TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/20/2012 6:11:34 PM
I never thought teemo counters darius so much in that the fight is VERY high tension. The teemo is always one distraction away from being yanked and murdered. That said, if they both play perfectly, teemo comes out on top.
---
I don't always Sublime Archangle and Silverblade Paladin, but when I do, I win on the fourth turn.
#4WayavasPosted 11/20/2012 6:11:38 PM
Ive killed a few Teemos as Darius with no problem
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#5centurion911Posted 11/20/2012 6:12:08 PM(edited)
I've heard Jax counters Darius but I see it go Darius's way a LOT
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#6TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/20/2012 6:19:21 PM
centurion911 posted...

this has always confused me. People say jax is a strong counter to darius but I have literally never seen a jax win the lane against darius. Darius Q lets him slap Jax without retaliation, even if jax does a leap stun, darius still gets to apply a few dots on you and walk away.
---
I don't always Sublime Archangle and Silverblade Paladin, but when I do, I win on the fourth turn.
#7centurion911Posted 11/20/2012 6:26:01 PM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
centurion911 posted...

this has always confused me. People say jax is a strong counter to darius but I have literally never seen a jax win the lane against darius. Darius Q lets him slap Jax without retaliation, even if jax does a leap stun, darius still gets to apply a few dots on you and walk away.

I've played the matchup myself and I know Jax outpokes and outtrades Darius after level 6. I'd call it a skill matchup more than a counter
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#8themagicpainmanPosted 11/20/2012 6:27:11 PM
Ryze countering Ahri.

It never seems to happen that way.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#9LithspPosted 11/20/2012 6:30:03 PM
Not sure how popular it is, but some Swain started going on about how he counter picked me at the very start of a game, I was Olaf.
He was just saying "GG, counter picked top :D" etc..etc.. then I stomped him and his team went off at him and then they just surrendered.

Similar story with a Darius except he for some reason thought he was gonna "own my balls". Didn't go down that way, wound up about 4-0 and they surrendered.

I see some Darius beating Teemo but for the most part, Teemo really just beats him outright, yeah he can get grabbed, but a smart Teemo just won't let Darius do this, and Darius absolutely will be harassed and killed all game really. I think Darius really needs help here.

I also thought that Cho counters Yorick, but every time I see it, Yorick just pushes like crazy and smashes Cho. :/
---
[]Signature[]
#10EDumey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 6:33:02 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Ryze countering Ahri.

It never seems to happen that way.

I agree with this one. I'm not a very good Ryze player, admittedly, but I didn't see how that counter was supposed to work at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg