How does one lane against Irelia?

#11bonnetsPosted 11/20/2012 11:02:52 PM
You have to understand the matchups better. With Vlad, you have to poke her when you can before she hits six with autos to try to deny her of cs. If she starts to come close to you, Q her and kite with autos to win the trade. When she hits six, if you're not over 70% hp, she can win an all-in. The thing with Irelia is, if she all-in's you, and you trade with her and you survive, you can eventually win the lane because she requires mana to sustain whereas you don't. You can farm on your tower or heal off minions and eventually pressure her out of lane. There's a lot of intricacies that you'll pick up as long as you practice. One way to make things easier is if you pick up Irelia and play her enough to understand her cooldowns. If you understand how she works, you can trade with her better and understand matchups easier.
#12Frost_shock_FTW(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:35:34 PM
Thanks. So pressure her more early...I play so passively though. If I go in to constantly Q her as say Darius then somehow I'll probably be the one to die. I'm always scared of my lane opponent, but they're never scared of me.

As Jayce I usually farm in ranged mode and if I get charged then I take a lot of damage by the time I can switch to melee and knock anyone away. A Xin Zhao crapped on me by doing that.
---
Every Villain Is Lemons, otherwise known as E.V.I.L.!
Contacts in Profile
#13Tro77TroPosted 11/21/2012 5:36:01 PM
You nerf the hell out of her.

---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with raka?" -Kirby1207
#14mufficityPosted 11/21/2012 5:39:53 PM
Jax.
---
>_>_<_<
mufficity your sig makes me disoriented and i felt the need to tell you this- CU8E