Honorable Opponent Ribbons are a Joke

#11AthinielPosted 11/21/2012 12:11:37 PM
Your garbage attitude is why you don't have one. Nor will you ever get a green one.
#12Nasada19Posted 11/21/2012 12:13:58 PM
Why would you think honorable opponent means they are good? Do you know the definitions of the words used? Honorable just means they weren't jerks and said "gg" at the end of enough games and didn't constantly troll chat. I have no idea why anyone would assume it correlates with skill.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#13AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/21/2012 12:37:09 PM
Usually I get the points when I don't act like a raging little loser, and I win often enough.

Invalid topic is even further invalid now.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
I'm about as decisive on this signature as I am about dyeing my radiant scales black.
#14EvilSakuraiPosted 11/21/2012 12:39:51 PM
centurion911 posted...
Judging by this attitude, I can see why you don't have one

Seriously.
If he acted like this during the game, no wonder he wasn't given honorable opponent.
And from the looks of it, he's butthurt about it.
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Washington Redskins 4-6 Baltimore Ravens 8-2
#15stascakbw07Posted 11/21/2012 12:40:39 PM
Anecdotally, I and everyone I've had this conversation with have come to the consensus that the only people we give Honorable Opponent votes to are feeders/baddies but never trolls.

Knowing that, it makes me sad to have one and also it makes me sad to see them on teammates.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deA1JUUZFQ
Your carry is the best player on my team!
#16the_rowanPosted 11/21/2012 12:58:17 PM(edited)
So you're one of those players who asks for honor for doing well and has no actual concept of good sportsmanship, yet you think you deserve honor.

I honor people who are polite, friendly, or who communicate with the team without complaining to help us win. Usually for the enemy team, that means they say "gg", laugh at something crazy that happens in the game with us, or don't complain to us when they get a leaver or troll and instead politely ask us to help report them. (I'll respond with, "Sorry it happened to you, sure.")
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#17bast999Posted 11/21/2012 12:57:34 PM(edited)
Honorable Opponent: feeds all day, loses lane every time, instalocks one champ one role every queue, trolls often, etc.
Teamwork: Carries harder than CLG.
Friendly: Never seen, if you do see it, pretend it's a discontinued item.
Helpful: Also never seen. Expect them to be smart, since you gotta teach noobs to get this one.
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#18Small_appliancePosted 11/21/2012 1:56:00 PM
I have more wins than losses, and I rarely even speak during games. I never say gg or anything like that.

I have 107 honorable opponents >_>
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#19XcZeus3469Posted 11/21/2012 1:58:03 PM
ITT: TC no ribbon, must justify by slandering ribbon
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#20ExalxPosted 11/21/2012 2:05:17 PM
wilmer007 posted...
Tucker4321 posted...
honorable opponent does not mean good player.

Right it means look at me i either suck badly or i suck up to the other 9 players by saying "gg wp" when the game is over.

Courtesy is sucking up now.

I am asking you a member of the human race. Will you please get off this planet? You're wasting the air that good people could be breathing.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+