Honorable Opponent Ribbons are a Joke

#41OwlRammerPosted 11/21/2012 4:11:51 PM
I had a game where I said "if we lose this 5v4, I will kill a kitten". We lost and I got +4 honor after the game.

One time I had a game where team was trash talking me and I was talking back then I ended up with +9 honor, was the weirdest thing lol
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#42Guardian of HyrulePosted 11/21/2012 4:46:13 PM
G0dSlay3r posted...
People tend to give Honorable to enemies that fed their team the most, just for giggles.

Since honor points are valued the most when they come from complete strangers that are not on your friends list, everyone and their mother now has Honorable Opponent tags.

This. Honorable Opponent is usually "Honorable Feeder".
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it...
#43HabnotPosted 11/23/2012 6:29:09 AM
funkys-flights posted...
Habnot posted...
My friend and I have been giving each other Friendly after every match we play together ever since the system came out. We've both accepted that our honor is probably worthless now.

you two will probably never get the friendly ribbon. The more you give it, especially to the same person, the less weight your honors give

Yeah, we have been doing it as a running joke.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#44Thekiller37Posted 11/23/2012 7:10:14 AM
Teamwork medal is where it's at. Allies that are happy with your performance make up the bulk of this medal, with the rest being friends and the rare polite gamer on the same team.
---
Head of the Benevolent Church of the 3-13 Archer. "I'm the stripper your husband hired." ~anonymous.
#45Lord SojiroPosted 11/23/2012 7:12:40 AM
WNxDevTech posted...
Cool story unhonorable opponent.

---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#46megaexePosted 11/23/2012 7:35:29 AM
My friends all have more Honourable Opponent points than I do, yet I'm the only one with the Ribbon.

My friends hate me for it.
---
I forgot this is gamefaqs... not acting like a jackass is a bannable offense.
#47angelwkw3Posted 11/23/2012 7:49:12 AM
I only give honorable opponent to someone who did well despite their team sucking badly and not raging about it in chat.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#48BalanceNotLostPosted 11/23/2012 8:35:26 AM
wilmer007 posted...
I see them on almost all the other 9 players in the lobby. Yet all 9 i out farm them by a mile, i don't give my lane opponent any kills nor do i usually try to kill them either. I take my enemy laner's turret while mine is almost at full HP. I end up with more gold than the other 9 players and better scores than most of them anyways. Yet when the match is over i don't see any honor medals for honorable opponent. So i beat my enemy mid or whatever lane i am playing yet even he can't be a man and say "okay you were the better player i will honor you".

It's like everyone gets Honorable Opponent honor but the best player in the lobby gets screwed all the time but yet the brain dead idiot is somehow 0/5 and has a ribbon that says "honorable opponent". Such a joke the honor system is.

I usually give Honorable Opponent to my lane rival when I recognize, whether he wins or loses, that he was fun to play against and provided me with a challenge AND when he's not an all-chat spammer. I've given Honorable Opponent to other people on the enemy team, but it's less frequent.
---
**** this, I got to go to work... ~ Dash_Jr
Yeah, those bridge crossing fees won't charge themselves. ~ Angemon_23
#49XcZeus3469Posted 11/23/2012 9:08:03 AM
funkys-flights posted...
Habnot posted...
My friend and I have been giving each other Friendly after every match we play together ever since the system came out. We've both accepted that our honor is probably worthless now.

you two will probably never get the friendly ribbon. The more you give it, especially to the same person, the less weight your honors give

you also need to watch before Lyte's buster system comes and bans both of you for honor trading.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#50HabnotPosted 11/23/2012 3:36:50 PM
XcZeus3469 posted...
funkys-flights posted...
Habnot posted...

you also need to watch before Lyte's buster system comes and bans both of you for honor trading.

Do you have a link to that?
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.