LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 1

#1SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 11/21/2012 12:28:55 PM
This is to help others better understand the reasoning of the game and to break it down step by step. Please note that this is the introductory course and for more advanced in game review and tips add my accounts IGN: SeaIntoTheSky and/or StarGambler

Situation: You are in lane and have just succeeded at killing your opponent and the outer turrets are all still up.

Correct Reaction 1: If the kill occurs as a low level such as a level two gank, push your lane to the turret to deny your enemy creeps which also allows time for you to back and shop. This will give you the advantage in both cs and items which further help you snowball that much faster. The jungler should also help push the lane if they helped to gank and you cannot push fast enough.

Correct Reaction 2: If it occurs at later levels and you are still healthy, once again push your lane to turret to deny your lane opponent cs and then open your options to helping counter jungle, ganking other lanes, pushing down your lane's turret, occasional dragons. This is especially useful in mid lane where the wraith camp is an easy steal.

Correct Reaction 3: If the enemy creep wave was pushing at the time of his death and you are not able to power push your own minions to the enemy turret, freeze the lane near your turret. This allows you to maintain your level advantage and frees up opportunities for your jungler to gank and snowball your lane. This also works with lower life as it baits your lane opponent into making mistakes.

Incorrect Reaction: Recalling immediately. You are not pressing your advantage by doing this.

If you would like more tips please submit a situation in the comments below^^
#2WebBowserPosted 11/21/2012 12:40:31 PM
Sure.

Situation: Top laneing Mundo V Jax, died to an early dual because I overcommited, whatdo?

my reaction: stay as far from minions as possible while still last hitting with cleaver

result: Jax backs for an early phage, and then proceeds to stand near my melee minions, should I attempt to get within cleaver range, he leap stuns me and prevents me from escapeing with his superior move speed and phage (was running ghost exhaust). Lane snowballs out of control and I get called out for feeding Jax (cuz I did obviously).

There was no way to call for a lane swap because Anivia mid would've gotten trashed and Shyv jungle was nowhere near fed enough to compete any better. Ended lane 0/4 without any jungler interference from either side. Two of the kills were simply a result of him pushing the lane and then tower diving me with his multiple level advantage.
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#3mantana888Posted 11/21/2012 12:56:45 PM
WebBowser posted...
Sure.

Situation: Top laneing Mundo V Jax, died to an early dual because I overcommited, whatdo?

my reaction: stay as far from minions as possible while still last hitting with cleaver

result: Jax backs for an early phage, and then proceeds to stand near my melee minions, should I attempt to get within cleaver range, he leap stuns me and prevents me from escapeing with his superior move speed and phage (was running ghost exhaust). Lane snowballs out of control and I get called out for feeding Jax (cuz I did obviously).

There was no way to call for a lane swap because Anivia mid would've gotten trashed and Shyv jungle was nowhere near fed enough to compete any better. Ended lane 0/4 without any jungler interference from either side. Two of the kills were simply a result of him pushing the lane and then tower diving me with his multiple level advantage.

You're pretty much screwed. Jax will destroy Mundo post-6 if you two are even, and once you gave up the early kill there's pretty much no way you're going to be able to win without HEAVY jungle assistance. And even that is dangerous because a counter-gank could easily turn into a double kill for Jax.

Just CS with Q like you were doing and try to bait Jax into leaping on to you and have your jungler gank.

If he wards, get a pink ward or have your jungle get oracles to counter.

But in that scenario you're just plain screwed. Mundo + Shyv isn't going to be able to take down a smart Jax unless they both have exhaust.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#4SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 12:57:40 PM
WebBowser posted...
Sure.

Correct Reaction: Upon death buy defensive items, freeze lane near turret and call for jungler.

Analysis: Top is the most snowbally lane of the three. If you die early to overcommiting the best thing you can do is stay safe. With the early phage he will be able to out trade you, it is good you were able to analyze that he could out trade you at the point. When you died pick up a quick Ninja Tabi and let him push. Freeze minions at your own turret. With only one kill and that early in the game Jax is not yet an unstoppable force and would still have trouble turret diving you. The worst thing is to feed kills, even if it means being slightly zoned and losing a little cs. The reason for this is because cs waves come at a set rate. Kills are what pushes a champion further ahead than your ally lanes.
#5SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 1:04:21 PM
The key to this post is that you aim to be impactful throughout the game. You have teammates that are able to help out, that may or may not be able to bring you back into the game. You have to set yourself up in the best position for future team fights by sneaking in cs in lane while staying safe. You don't have to go overly aggressive to try and win back the lane. You don't have to win lane to win the game. Just keep yourself relevant!! ^^
#6stascakbw07Posted 11/21/2012 1:07:10 PM
There's a lack of "Win by Feeding" in this thread.

Only legitimate strategy out there.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deA1JUUZFQ
Your carry is the best player on my team!
#7BoomerangRangerPosted 11/21/2012 1:07:36 PM
Here is one for ya TC

I'm Kennen in mid vs AP Nidalee with no clarity.

Situation: She keeps trying to chuck her spears at me, while I'm farming her minions behind mine minions. I get a few shots at her, but the end result is her being very healthy, with almost no mana and the creep wave against her. None of us have recalled.

What do I do?
---
Lol username: SandsOfAzorin
#8SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 1:29:35 PM
BoomerangRanger posted...
Here is one for ya TC

I'm Kennen in mid vs AP Nidalee with no clarity.

Situation: She keeps trying to chuck her spears at me, while I'm farming her minions behind mine minions. I get a few shots at her, but the end result is her being very healthy, with almost no mana and the creep wave against her. None of us have recalled.

What do I do?

Kennen is one of the safest champions as he can always keep his distance. One of the downsides of this is that he isn't as bursty as the rest of the AP mids. He excels at whittling down enemies before going all in. By creep wave against her I am assuming your own creep wave is pushing. This also assumes you are both roughly at the same health.

Correct Reaction: Push your lane hard into turret to reset it and then continue to harass Nidalee after the wave resets. This is because she ran out of mana and won't be able to keep up in lane. Since you were outplaying her at the start you should have no problems keeping up the harass.

Incorrect Reaction: Continue last hitting. This freezes the lane in a dangerous spot for you as the jungler can help out the lane. If Nidalee is post 6 even with no mana she will be able to help out the gank in cougar form.
#9WebBowserPosted 11/22/2012 1:14:01 PM
Ty TC, this is an excellent topic btw. Oh, and happy Thanksgiving!
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#10Aerodrome2Posted 11/22/2012 1:47:35 PM
Darius is a dick.

He constantly bullies me in lane and denies me CS, often my matches against Darius has me at half the CS he has, since he just stands in front of his melee minions and behind his caster minions and I can't get close because of his stupid apprehend and decimate doing dumb amounts of damage. I usually play Renekton top, but sometimes I take Udyr or other junglers top (and sometimes Karma).

Both non-aggressive and aggressive (constant tower diving even without the jungler) are giving me trouble and I have no idea what I should do.

halp :<