Do you smartcast?

#11mutation10101Posted 11/21/2012 5:30:19 PM
Yes, but recently I have been having problems with it. 1 out of every 10 times or so it won't work for me. I can't even begin to count how many times I've died from Kat's Shunpo not working, or a duel I could have won if I got my skill off or something.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#12mgtonvac55Posted 11/21/2012 5:33:33 PM
Oh cool. I thought majority of LoL players do smartcast...

I don't do smart cast since I prefer seeing where my spell will hit

So instead of simply clicking the box that allows for range indicators to be shown while smartcasting, you don't use smartcasting at all.

wat
---
NYG 6-4
#13aznjdudePosted 11/21/2012 6:09:44 PM
What's smart cast?
---
"I had a Best Buy employee come up to me and try to convince me to buy the "Sony Wii".
Pokemon Black FC - 472776788756
#14random_blahPosted 11/21/2012 6:25:17 PM
I only smartcast E after playing Viktor.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6rJbW.jpg
#15Sarick_LyrePosted 11/21/2012 7:43:51 PM
I don't smartcast currently (well except for skills with it built in). There's a few reasons.

For champions I know inside and out (Lux, Zyra, Caitlyn, and Leona for example) I've found I am no faster in doing anything by smart casting. I left click the instant I press the button to use my ability with no actual lost time. Doesn't take any longer to spam my skills if I really wanted to if I just left click instantly.

As someone who owns every champion though and sometimes randoms when no one on my premade team can decide anything I find normal casting is a bit better to stick with in general. I'm not trying to learn the insides and outs of these individual champions that a person who smartcasts usually does. Plus there's a lot of abilities horrible for smart casting like cone abilities where your character will actually move rather than just cast it in the direction you want if you cast it out of range.

I honestly don't think it matters. But I really hate when there's not a letter in the box next to a skill, I notice that UI flaw way too much.
#1613loopPosted 11/21/2012 7:47:25 PM
Just not the ones like Victor's laser or Rumble's Ult
---
"Swim away fugu fish, swim awaaaayyyyyy"
Anna Kendrick is my waifu.
#17BarrenitePosted 11/21/2012 7:48:19 PM
mgtonvac55 posted...
Oh cool. I thought majority of LoL players do smartcast...

I don't do smart cast since I prefer seeing where my spell will hit

So instead of simply clicking the box that allows for range indicators to be shown while smartcasting, you don't use smartcasting at all.

wat

The range indicators suck and just make everything awkward.
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#18FlameLord23Posted 11/21/2012 7:52:00 PM
I don't smartcast Amumu's Q, because I want to see where it's going. Might start doing that with Blitz's Q. But everything else I smartcast, it's faster honestly. Turn on range indicators and you're usually fine.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#19AgentRebornPosted 11/21/2012 8:18:21 PM
I smartcast some moves

Morgana's bind I smart cast. Olaf's undertow and Mundo's cleaver are moves that I dont
---
WATCHING JUAN CASTILLO'S QUALITY DEFENCE EXTINGUISH ELI'S DONG REMINDS ME THAT LITERALLY AN OL COACH AS DC WILL ALWAYS BE THE SUPERIOR FAD
#20wilmer007Posted 11/21/2012 8:27:22 PM
I have Q and E set to Smartcast and don't have W and Ult on Smartcast. Most of the champions i play have a W that is basically a self cast anyway so it's like a mini smart cast. While some champions have a W that requires proper targeting so the last thing i need is to be just outside of the max range of their skill shot.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak