#11FvPPosted 11/21/2012 8:52:10 PM
Because Poppy counters him with her armor
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#12myg0t_stkPosted 11/21/2012 9:08:59 PM
easiest to counter
#13MagiaIcePosted 11/21/2012 9:18:10 PM
Had a simular question. Is Nasus outdated as a top now? People seem dissipointed when I pick him. How about Xin? Do I have to play one of the new or more established champs nowadays?

You can only play Xin while listening to the song from Mulan or you'll feed.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the frontdoor..."~Me
Riven is my waifu.
#14th3nobodi3sPosted 11/21/2012 9:31:01 PM
bankplank is the way to go have a tf and half a IE at 20 mins even if you have zero kills
#15CyborgSage00x0Posted 11/21/2012 9:31:39 PM
Wyrmcraft posted...
Because people who know not to trade with you at level 1 then come back around and kick your ass. Plus GP is actually weaker as a top these days because of the newer and FAR more powerful toplanes released, who also happen to usually have CC.

Basically this. They reworked/buffed him, people QQ'd, they nerfed him, then released a slew of vastly more OP and powerful jungles and Top laners. GP can put out a lot of damage and poke with Q, but that costs a lot of mana that can be hard to sustain. And against staple tops like Darius, Jayce, etc. who have CC and a butt load of free damage, he simple melts in direct melee combat/fights. Despite still having one of the highest starting HP pools in the game, he simply is too squishy for the low damage he puts out.

Using parley and gp5 items to farm top is pretty much the only way to make him viable top now. Building up a huge gold advantage that translates into items that he desperately needs later works well.

Hoenstly, they should just revert his stats before they nerfed him after rework. Let his passive stack to 5 again, make his steroid on E back to what it was, and maybe a little soemthing else, like Q gets stronger, or costs less mana. He'd be in much better shape then.
---
Steelers: 6-4 Next: Browns. Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising.
#16LitchiFayeLingPosted 11/21/2012 9:35:27 PM
People hate making money, apparently.
---
GT: SpazKura Just a guy that likes girls
AE:Cam/Chun SFXT: Xaio/Chun, Poi/Lili, Ask/Lili SG: Bella LoL: Fiora/MF/Leona/Sona/Riven/Janna/Lulu IGN: GanguroKonata
#17wilmer007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:01:06 PM(edited)
To the ppl questioning about farming minions with Parley you forget that if you do that you will quickly run out of mana and that mana is best used on harassing the enemy laner with parley instead. By not farming with Parley you are gaining a 2 level advantage against your enemy laner and you are still last hitting his minions while he is back at his base. I recently made a Wukong literally leave top and go lane somewhere else. When he teleported back to top he out right killed me cuz he was 3/0 somewhere else and i'm there asking my teammates why they gave him kills.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak
#18eco masterPosted 11/21/2012 10:16:49 PM(edited)
To the ppl questioning about farming minions with Parley you forget that if you do that you will quickly run out of mana and that mana is best used on harassing the enemy laner with parley instead.

It costs half the mana on unit kill.

EDIT: Plus, you miss out on potential extra gold and have to get into melee range to last hit.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#19CyborgSage00x0Posted 11/22/2012 1:22:03 AM
wilmer007 posted...
To the ppl questioning about farming minions with Parley you forget that if you do that you will quickly run out of mana and that mana is best used on harassing the enemy laner with parley instead. By not farming with Parley you are gaining a 2 level advantage against your enemy laner and you are still last hitting his minions while he is back at his base. I recently made a Wukong literally leave top and go lane somewhere else. When he teleported back to top he out right killed me cuz he was 3/0 somewhere else and i'm there asking my teammates why they gave him kills.

1. It refunds half the mana on minion kill.
2. You shouldn;t be spaming it too much at level 1 anyways, since the gold gained is lower
3. No way in hell you're forcing people out of lane with parley. With standard top lane armor runes, and boots+ 3 pots, anyone could tank every parley hit, and you'd run out of mana before forcing them out. You must be playing awful people.
---
Steelers: 6-4 Next: Browns. Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising.
#20RiliyksPosted 11/22/2012 7:16:04 AM
Honestly, he's best as a support atm. Get an early philo to help with his q's mana cost, max e. Pick up rice blade, HoG, and Philo, some defensive boots (While warding) pick up missed last hit's every now and then with q. Upgrade your GP items, which will afford you 35% cdr (Ghost blade, Revire, and Omen) You can use your ult to gank still without ever leaving lane.

Zone out the enemy carry, and take advantage of your move speed roids and along side built in slow whenever possible to snag kills.

Late game you can make a couple of damage items, such as last wisper, Trinity, IE, ect. (Assuming the game drags out that long) and put out respecatble damage during team fights.

Had decent luck with it myself.
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.