Support advice needed

#1KirbixPosted 11/21/2012 10:19:48 PM(edited)
In a nutshell- is there anything you can do as a support if your ADC is bad?

I just played back-to-back games as a support. Game #1 was wonderful- we were Nunu/Kog, and Kog was more than happy to farm all day while I used W/E to keep the pressure off. Kog ended the game 10/3 and I ended 4/2/19; everyone's happy.
Game #2, on the other hand, was ez/taric. Ezreal did nothing but push the lane and miss last hits. He finished at a 20 minute surrender with 40cs and I finished 0/5/7; no one is happy.

What can one do, as a support, to try and avoid situations like #2? I think this particular carry was pretty legendarily bad and unsalvageable, but at the same time I didn't really do much to help him either because I honestly didn't know what I even *could* do. About the only thing constructive I had to offer was "We've fed them 7 kills; we really ought to stay under the tower now". Generally speaking I felt completely helpless in "supporting" him.

(EDIT: I also warded >_>. That part should be obvious, but I'll say it here just in case)

What else can you do as a support to turn things around when your carry is laughably bad and/or you're horribly uncoordinated as a lane?
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#2Harmful00Posted 11/21/2012 10:22:32 PM
learn to carry
#3aHappySackaPosted 11/21/2012 10:23:44 PM(edited)
Unfortunately all you can do is complain and have everyone report the Ezreal (which isn't that bad of an idea), if he called the role then be sure to bring it up along with his cs compared to the opposing carry. Better yet you should just take the cs yourself and try to carry if he's that bad, other then that you can't really support an idiot so just hope you never meet him again.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4Kirbix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:23:20 PM
learn to carry

I know how to carry; now I want to know how to support. I would have thought the original post would make that pretty obvious.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5BowtotheTWIGPosted 11/21/2012 10:25:25 PM
Not much you can do

Depending how derpy he is, you might be best served roaming between top and mid ganking the crap outa them in an attempt to get them more fed.

If he isn't TOO derpy, just grit your teeth and hope his teamfight is better than his lane phase
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.
#6TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/21/2012 10:25:32 PM
It depends on your support. If your adc is bad there are some support champs where you'll be able to carry them and there's some where you just can't do much.

Ex: You're Leona. Your ADC is extremely bad, getting pushed to turret and poked down. What can you do? You can't stun them or do anything of value without being close, but if you get close you'll be instantly focused down and your adc won't follow up because he's bad. You can't do much in this situation...

Ex 2: You're Alistar. Your ADC is extremely bad, getting pushed to turret and poked down. What can you do? You can get around behind them and throw them into the turret after they've poked your adc, putting them right on top of the turret with it shooting them. Your horrible adc will probably freak out, shoot them once, then run in circles before they die to the turret. You can literally hand him the kills. If he's not pushed to turret and keeps getting caught out you can throw the enemy back to get pressure off your adc. You can do a lot in this situation.

Moral of the story: Some supports you can carry an idiot (like Alistar), others require coordination and if your adc is useless then you're useless (like Leona).
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#7qqaaxxPosted 11/21/2012 10:27:13 PM
If no one calls ADC don't go typical support. Try Shen, GP or someone else who has some global impact
---
insert sig here
#8ssj98_gotenksPosted 11/21/2012 10:32:24 PM
Typically no.

I got blamed for being 0/5 lulu

where my adc was 0/8

and started the game with 50 AD.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzm7iu89QI1rokap0o1_500.gif
#9DottledPosted 11/21/2012 10:43:23 PM
The best thing to do is to pick Leona or Alistar so that for these occassions you can just become a 2nd jungler and gank lanes. Obviously though if your ad carry is bad while the other team is good then you will still lose.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#10zefigPosted 11/21/2012 10:46:37 PM
aHappySacka posted...
Unfortunately all you can do is complain and have everyone report the Ezreal (which isn't that bad of an idea), if he called the role then be sure to bring it up along with his cs compared to the opposing carry. Better yet you should just take the cs yourself and try to carry if he's that bad, other then that you can't really support an idiot so just hope you never meet him again.

If you do this, there's no chance of coming back.

You just keep playing the best support you can, take it in stride. Taking his CS or complaining about his CS won't make him perform better, only worse.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy