So I just got like, forced into Maokai jungle in ranked..

#1LithspPosted 11/22/2012 3:37:25 PM
..used him once, thought he absolutely sucked. Found him overall very underwhelming.

Thought this early on in this game too, after not using him since buying him months ago, told the guy I've never used him and don't like him, and the guys like "should be sweet, Mao owns" so I thought **** it and locked him in. In ranked.

Racked up like 25 assists and totally dominated.

What's the ideal skill order? I think GP10 x 2 and then like, tanky would be the right build.
Not so sure on skills though. :/
---
[]Signature[]
#2Black_AssassinPosted 11/22/2012 3:39:23 PM
RQWE

caps off because gfaqs
#3themagicpainmanPosted 11/22/2012 3:39:34 PM
EQEWQR

Then you actually max Q > W > R > E from there I think, you only need 1 point in his ult for a little while. I haven't played him in a little while though, so it may have changed.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#4RiliyksPosted 11/22/2012 3:41:13 PM
Sap's give better clears, while bind gives stronker ganks.

Pick your poison.

Just remember... if you get countered at your blue... be prepared to get stomped hard, and take to heavy camping. HEAVY CAMPING. H.E.A.V.Y.C.A.M.P.I.N.G.!
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#5Cirrus101Posted 11/22/2012 3:43:53 PM
for jungle its
E Q E W (gank) (you can also do EQW for a lvl 3 gank depending on route)
After that max Q, W, E. taking r when you can.

Start at wraiths. at 105 toss a sapling into the middle of their spawn. Another when it cds, then wait until the wraiths spawn to toss your third. Hit the big wraith twice and walk away (assuming you have the bladed armor mastery). it'll kill itself as you hit the bush. Reach blue as it spawns, then do wolves. You can either do red or golems next, then do w/e one you skipped. now go gank.
Start with boots and pots.

Personally my final build is Boots of mobility, Shurs, Randuins, Aegis, Force of nature, Frozen heart, . You do no damage whatsoever, but you don't really need to. use shurs, snare the carry, use randuins, watch enemy team die.

If someone else is getting aegis, i'd get either zekes or abyssal, depending on what everyone else is building up to.

note: you need at least 1 MS quint to hit the blue buff in time.
---
Legend of Dragoon Forums:
http://legendodragoon.proboards67.com/
#6BlocktopusPosted 11/22/2012 4:23:32 PM
I agree on the underwhelming part. His ganks are amazing but they're so unsatisfying for some reason and I feel completely useless even if I'm doing good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#7Ultoman2Posted 11/22/2012 4:49:52 PM
The jungle is in need of trees.
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#8albinorhino004Posted 11/22/2012 4:59:26 PM
Blocktopus posted...
I agree on the underwhelming part. His ganks are amazing but they're so unsatisfying for some reason and I feel completely useless even if I'm doing good.

malphite, alistar, nautilus, sejuani... They all "feel" underwhelming imo, but its the nature of playing CC bots.

Mao can feel particularly underwhelming while building toward full cdr
---
drinking is very bad
#9twopoundcowPosted 11/22/2012 5:11:58 PM
I hate playing Mao sometimes because it just feels like if you team sucks, you suck. It doesn't matter if you get your team fed if they can't do anything with the kills. Same thing with a lot of junglers but especially Mao where you can't really build any damage.

Of course, that's not really the character's fault. Amazing ganks, good clear, and not too shabby in a team fight either. When you have a half way competent team that can take advantage of the ganks and advantages you give them, he's great. Probably not the kind of champ I'd want to play at low levels / low elos ever, though.
#10Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 6:49:07 PM
Started grabbing mobility boots. Been working pretty well.

So far I basically wind up HoG, Philo's, Moboots, FH, Aegis, then I try for the Randuins usually the game doesn't go this far. Always forget it's active anyway.

I'm 4-0 with Mao so far though, and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing haha.. somehow we win and I wind up with like 8 or so kills, about 20 or so assists and very few deaths. Good stuff.
---
[]Signature[]