So I just got like, forced into Maokai jungle in ranked..

#11KirbixPosted 11/22/2012 5:53:03 PM
Mao is definitely a team-oriented jungler. I've only played him a couple of times, but it stood out to me that if your lane mate is stupid, you'll likely take more harassment than you deal because Mao is there to displace, not to damage. Compared with a jungler like Amumu or Mundo, he can feel kind of weak.

But if your lane partner is good (Duoing, for example), he's devastatingly powerful and can force a flash and/or get a kill every single time.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#12Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:28:20 PM
Kirbix posted...
Mao is definitely a team-oriented jungler. I've only played him a couple of times, but it stood out to me that if your lane mate is stupid, you'll likely take more harassment than you deal because Mao is there to displace, not to damage. Compared with a jungler like Amumu or Mundo, he can feel kind of weak.

But if your lane partner is good (Duoing, for example), he's devastatingly powerful and can force a flash and/or get a kill every single time.

Oh yeah, asides from all the assists I get or even kills, I blow a Flash basically every time. Only time I don't is when they don't have a flash, or I've already blown it earlier therefore we get the kill.

I've found no one really escapes from him all that well. I was thinking Rylai's might be alright on him occasionally if the team lacks CC but I don't know, haven't tried it myself.
---
[]Signature[]
#13BlocktopusPosted 11/23/2012 8:04:50 AM
albinorhino004 posted...
Blocktopus posted...
I agree on the underwhelming part. His ganks are amazing but they're so unsatisfying for some reason and I feel completely useless even if I'm doing good.

malphite, alistar, nautilus, sejuani... They all "feel" underwhelming imo, but its the nature of playing CC bots.

Mao can feel particularly underwhelming while building toward full cdr

naw, I feel like a badass when I play malph or ali.

I get the same feeling I get with Mao when I play Leona.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#14FlareZeroPosted 11/23/2012 9:46:47 AM
Maokai just isn't as naturally tanky as some of the heavy cc junglers out there (Malph, Amumu, Cho, etc.) so he'll feel underwhelming as you build towards your items. He's pretty good with early ganks but I personally find that he falls off harder as the game goes on being more item dependent to help turn a fight than some of the others that I've mentioned. His ult is beautiful if you fight in at a choke point to benefit your team from staying inside it.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.