My lessons from playing ranked

#1KeyeszxPosted 11/23/2012 3:09:14 AM
Don't trust any support ever unless they focus on warding.

Last games I've had I wasn't support and we lost. Why because bot lost from having no vision and then we end up having no vision at all to come back with.

So to supports out there. Just get your gp5 and normal boots and then ward like crazy. You'll get assists which will help you with your other items. Make sure to leave with 3 wards and use them, don't hold on to them for no reason, please.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#2Blue001Posted 11/23/2012 3:34:36 AM
You must be bad. Buying too many wards is worse than buying none at all.
#3Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:43:36 AM
Making sure I leave with 3 is not too many. ward 3 bot do some assists with the carries go back when I need to, usually about 50% of previous wards left, then buy some more wards and if we had a team fight then I'll buy something extra, like one part of it not the whole thing at once.

I skip pots too because I mainly play raka and when I do janna I never get hit, at least I haven't needed pots before. So that's extra money to go to wards. Too much wards is not worst than no wards. If I give vision of most of the key areas of the map then my team can move freely throughout the map. When I do ward I never have to ward my half because we're always pushing so we only need to see them in the river or their jungle. Simple as that.

Since you think too many wards is bad I would assume you're not very good at supporting.
---
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#4WoleginPosted 11/23/2012 3:43:37 AM
maybe your team should adjust and idk buy a ward or 2 to help yourselves?

kind of strange to hear this kind of comment coming from a support player. if there is an area isn't warded, talk to the other players and/or pick one up yourself.
---
PSN: Wolegin
#5Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 2:07:20 PM
Being the adc I can't buy wards because I'll be behind because I can't be pushing safely so I'd have to choose between vision and damage items. Which of course would mean no vision or no damage.

Basically supports need to learn to play their role in ranked.
---
#6SumSmartDooodPosted 11/23/2012 2:10:06 PM
Keyeszx posted...
Being the adc I can't buy wards because I'll be behind because I can't be pushing safely so I'd have to choose between vision and damage items. Which of course would mean no vision or no damage.

Basically supports need to learn to play their role in ranked.

It's not gonna kill you to spend 75g on a ward as an adc just in case the support runs out and it's not a good time to base.
#7omegaraijinPosted 11/23/2012 2:10:36 PM
I've learned that if the enemy team has an oracle you will get yelled at for being a bad support.
#8Lord GrahfPosted 11/23/2012 2:13:13 PM(edited)
I'm a support main this season, after being an ADC main in season 2.

I'll duo with you and tell you everything you're doing wrong, and why it isn't actually the support's fault so you can stop blaming other people for your losses.

Also as an ADC main I always, always purchased at least two wards for laning phase. After lane phase I generally stopped buying them. Two isn't a lot, and you can even use them offensively if you're chasing someone who is using brush vision to dodge. Don't act like you can't buy wards.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#9VoidgolemPosted 11/23/2012 2:26:39 PM
As someone who hit gold being support: It is always, always the ADC's fault if bot loses.

excepting times when it's my fault on account of picking the wrong support for the situation (Sona into Leona/Graves never goes well)
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#10MakJussPosted 11/23/2012 2:29:03 PM
Buying more than 2 ward (+1 pink) every time going back is overkill. Good support know when to ward so you dont ward like noob on start of the game because enemy jungler mostly wont gank you at lvl 1. If you know how to jungle with , see what route he will take so you can prepare putting ward 30s before they can invade you. Your eyes must see those mini map frequently to see enemies and predict their movement.

PRO tip of the day :
See your support rune and masteries at lolking first and check for GP/10. Without steady pace income from that they wont able to buy ward and will mostly lead your team to defeat. Usually people says support is EASIEST role to play but dont have this GP/10 and then they play derp support.