exahust + ignite is good on eve

#11tlalynet0Posted 11/24/2012 2:39:03 PM
Yeah, Jax can't dodge Eve's main sources of damamadge... The AAing isn't helping you duel jax though, only making it harder. Jax should have trouble with Eve in general, your build is good enough for dealing with him.

Lich bane adds 64 damadge to each E, while the Triforce adds 54. Counting the auto attack you're only up 20 damage not counting the sheen. Counting the sheen boost you get 80 damadge out of the LB alone while you get 30+base from the Triforce. To be fair that base should run around 120 at L18, but thats only 70 extra damage with no other AP items in your build. With the gun-blade alone that gap is cut by 30. Then we get to Qing, which really matters. The TF gives you 25 damadge, while the LB gives you 32

Even in your AP light build its giving you minimal extra burst. Throw a deathcap on her head and the TF burst is crap next to the LB, the sustained damage is comparable due to more powerful Q's offsetting weaker AA's (it's not like the TF does much in the AD department anyway)

I do want to ask how much you wind up AAing in the first place? Sure Q->E->AA and AA as much as possible but for the most part the opponent is either chasing and getting Q'd or running and getting Q'd. She's not like an ADC that sits there AAing all teamfight.

Which dorans are you using? She can actually make use of all three, so saying dorans on her doesn't mean much.

Sorc shoes make the magic part of the damage pretty much true vs carries that don't build any MR. They're handy for burst, but then those guys do die anyway. I still don't see mobility over swifties, it doesn't take her long to get across the map anyway.

Its just, building something like the TF doesn't really make her more versatile so much as it spends a lot of money for a less focused player.
#12ffxblak12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 5:30:21 PM
tlalynet0 posted...
Yeah, Jax can't dodge Eve's main sources of damamadge... The AAing isn't helping you duel jax though, only making it harder. Jax should have trouble with Eve in general, your build is good enough for dealing with him.

Lich bane adds 64 damadge to each E, while the Triforce adds 54. Counting the auto attack you're only up 20 damage not counting the sheen. Counting the sheen boost you get 80 damadge out of the LB alone while you get 30+base from the Triforce. To be fair that base should run around 120 at L18, but thats only 70 extra damage with no other AP items in your build. With the gun-blade alone that gap is cut by 30. Then we get to Qing, which really matters. The TF gives you 25 damadge, while the LB gives you 32

Even in your AP light build its giving you minimal extra burst. Throw a deathcap on her head and the TF burst is crap next to the LB, the sustained damage is comparable due to more powerful Q's offsetting weaker AA's (it's not like the TF does much in the AD department anyway)

I do want to ask how much you wind up AAing in the first place? Sure Q->E->AA and AA as much as possible but for the most part the opponent is either chasing and getting Q'd or running and getting Q'd. She's not like an ADC that sits there AAing all teamfight.

Which dorans are you using? She can actually make use of all three, so saying dorans on her doesn't mean much.

Sorc shoes make the magic part of the damage pretty much true vs carries that don't build any MR. They're handy for burst, but then those guys do die anyway. I still don't see mobility over swifties, it doesn't take her long to get across the map anyway.

Its just, building something like the TF doesn't really make her more versatile so much as it spends a lot of money for a less focused player.

i get doran blades.

look i am pretty much auto attacking all the time with all my slows and my speed i get in plenty of auto attacks.. and the tf does add speed as well if ineed to finish someone off.
i go in there and play her like a bruiser on the right targets and getting mutliple chain kills.

not to mention the lifesteal i have which ap eve doens't have.

if you count all the constant auto attacks i get in with e the damage is much much higher + i a more tanky and mobile. And the reason i like boots of mobility is that i can have the max speed when breaking stealth to get into auto attack range...
i dont need swiftness because while fighting i have my w bonuses anyway
#13enameaPosted 11/24/2012 6:16:42 PM
I love how none of the responses even referenced Summoner Spells.

I run Exhaust/Ignite. Works for me, but that doesn't necessarily prove whether it is good or not. It's just my way to supplement my weak laning ability.
#14gkh5Posted 11/24/2012 6:34:10 PM
ffxblak12 posted...
you dont really need flash with the trinity force build because you are so fast with w and fairly tanky and you got your ult for the shield and slow

Not running flash on any champ, especially one like Eve that naturally pushes and needs to be in close to use her abilities, is just begging for the enemy jungler to kill you over and over. And if he is decent, he will.
#15DarkemastePosted 11/24/2012 6:46:42 PM
I used surge+ignite on Eve for a while, but I think I'm starting to prefer surge+exhaust.

Don't get me wrong, I use ignite on everyone else but it just seems she gets much more out of surge's 12 second buff than most champions.

I really don't think I need to explain why I feel this way, but I would like to note that surge actually makes clearing creeper waves and/or taking down turrets so much easier with her.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
#16tlalynet0Posted 11/24/2012 7:06:56 PM
ffxblak12 posted...
tlalynet0 posted...

i get doran blades.

look i am pretty much auto attacking all the time with all my slows and my speed i get in plenty of auto attacks.. and the tf does add speed as well if ineed to finish someone off.
i go in there and play her like a bruiser on the right targets and getting mutliple chain kills.

not to mention the lifesteal i have which ap eve doens't have.

if you count all the constant auto attacks i get in with e the damage is much much higher + i a more tanky and mobile. And the reason i like boots of mobility is that i can have the max speed when breaking stealth to get into auto attack range...
i dont need swiftness because while fighting i have my w bonuses anyway

Gunblade. Other than the dorans blades which should be replaced eventually anyway you have the same lifesteal as ap eve, but you steal less life from your spells for lack of AP.

Lich bane also adds speed, thats part of why I suggested it. What constant auto attacks with E? You mean you're auto attacking after E?

Once I have it I gun-blade in when breaking stealth.

I agree with not really needing swifties.

It really seems to lack the wrecking teams in confined spaces with Q too.

At any rate, you still seem to be talking about an endgame with much less burst for minimal to nil increases in sustained damage for more gold and the hopes of a phange proc.

The only way 'more utility' would apply was if they for some reason itemized MR on their whole team, mind your build is markedly worse if they build armour, which is more common. So, its not actually more utility.

And if you ALWAYS do that good with her, then what I said in the first post applies. Mejias+SOO or you're doing something wrong with Eve :)

But on the title, exaust+ignite is not bad for lane eve. I like smite+exaust for jungle, as it lets her l2 gank something nasty even in lanes without any of their own CC at that point.
#17tlalynet0Posted 11/24/2012 7:08:40 PM
gkh5 posted...
ffxblak12 posted...
you dont really need flash with the trinity force build because you are so fast with w and fairly tanky and you got your ult for the shield and slow

Not running flash on any champ, especially one like Eve that naturally pushes and needs to be in close to use her abilities, is just begging for the enemy jungler to kill you over and over. And if he is decent, he will.

If she can be hard CC'ed she'll die to a gank with or without flash, she's not very sturdy early on. If she is slowed or isn't CC'ed she gets to cancel it for free and get out of there faster than any champ in the game.

When do you think flash would save her life?

Plus she can't Q while running if she uses flash.
#18ffxblak12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:27:57 PM
my burst is reallly strong with it i haven't calculated the numbers but by the feel from playing both i never really lack the burst.. but i am more tanky and vairous other benefits from my build including the great auto attack sustain which is better.
also i take mainly defensive masteries
#19SirDanieIPosted 11/24/2012 7:35:47 PM
Wait how do you win a duel against an equally built jax when he has triforce and gunblade as well? You could say run around and kite him with q with Jax mindlessly chasing like chasing a Singed. But then Jax could just camp a brush and you will be forced to stay in melee range if you want to fight him. Oh yeah and Eve definitely loses if she fights Jax straight out. If you go exhaust ignite, Jax could go the same.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#20gkh5Posted 11/24/2012 7:44:53 PM
tlalynet0 posted...
gkh5 posted...
ffxblak12 posted...

If she can be hard CC'ed she'll die to a gank with or without flash, she's not very sturdy early on. If she is slowed or isn't CC'ed she gets to cancel it for free and get out of there faster than any champ in the game.

When do you think flash would save her life?

Plus she can't Q while running if she uses flash.

Flash only needs to save your life once until you get a bit of HP/items/sustain and then, sure, your point is valid. But if I'm Maokai and I see no flash, you bet your ass I'm doing the double buffs +lvl 3 route and grabbing my guaranteed first blood. And them I'm coming back as soon as you return to lane and you will never catch up.