So I'm thinking about getting into this game

#1KuriusPosted 11/23/2012 3:35:35 PM
I've played Dota and then HoN for about 2 years and recently Dota 2 but I have around 6 friends that play this game and want me to play as well. However, I still think it's just a dumbed down version of Dota. I understand that it's hugely popular though and I'm kind of getting bored of playing Dota by myself.

So, what can you say to change my mind about this game?
#2AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/23/2012 3:37:09 PM(edited)
Run while you can.

Otherwise, I don't know what to say, I'll leave it up to the colorful array of people around here.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Needlessly hating on a fandom or game or such of any sort makes you look like more a moron than you probably already are, yknow?
#3aHappySackaPosted 11/23/2012 3:41:48 PM(edited)
It is a dumbed down version of Dota, but at least it doesn't feel clunky.

In the end it's just comparing waffles and pancakes, there's no wrong choice but one of them is simpler.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4BlocktopusPosted 11/23/2012 3:48:37 PM
Play to kill Teemo, the games most annoying champion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#5SirDanieIPosted 11/23/2012 4:14:19 PM
Alright I have played all of three of these games and am pretty high psr in Hon (1700 highest) and mid elo in Lol (1500) (im really crap at dota though). At this level the lol players are pretty much the same skill level as hon players, unlike the lower elos in lol where half the people don't even know how to last hit properly and don't even ward. So really once you get to a decent ranking the players you verse are quite the same so don't let the noobiness of everbody you verse until lvl 30 put you off.

To compare Hon and Lol there are several things i like about each.

Lol advantages:
"Orb effects" like lifesteal are stackable
Burst can still do alright late game
No trilanes
Support is less boring as they actually lane instead of continuosly stacking camps and running around the map warding and ganking
Tank's can actually tank in lol
No BKB Shrunken( i like this considering i never play carries)
Movespeed stacks ( i like it :p)
Crit stacks
Can't perma deny some1 (like keeping them at lvl 1 by denying everything when everybody else is lvl 10; i find it annoying as fk)
Dont lose gold on death
No runes ( im not sure if this is an advantage or not, I prefer if there wasn't so much emphasis on rune control)
out game control is very interesting (runes/masteries)
PASSIVES! (really if there is one thing they should put in hon they should put passives)

Hon advantages:
blink daggar PK (substituted with flash but still blink daggar is still the best)
Whenever i play hon and then lol you can obviously tell a huge difference in character speed; really annoying
Can't stomp noobs as hard in lol
A lot more limited item choice in lol(e.g adc will always get exactly the same items instead of Hon where you have to buy diffusal if they got strong buffs)
Map far more interactive: can blink into trees etc and use fog of war for some massive jukes
Skills are more unique (probably the biggest disadvantage): Lol skills are too generalized : dmging aoe skill, dmging single target skill, some sort of cc skill, ults are usually somewhat unique but even then they don't have as cool effects as dota ults.
For example, my favourite ult in game, especially when boosted with ulti stick is nymphora's; teleport whole team behind the enemy fountain (only do this in pubs lol)
FAR FAR easier to troll in hon(probably an advantage of lol but for me its a disadvantage)
More funny things you can do: like codex rikimaru or mock syllabear (basically you can stomp noobs harder)
Invis is far more better in Hon
THEY HAVE URSA (in dota)
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#6QuikScopsRKewlPosted 11/23/2012 4:15:16 PM
Don't get into this game, it's terrible.
#7Flare the EchidnaPosted 11/23/2012 4:16:29 PM
Run away and never look back!
#8LysamusPosted 11/23/2012 4:21:38 PM
Is it better to play DOTA alone or LoL with friends?

Answer this question and your conflict's resolution will be clear to you (although the fact that you're trying to find rationalization to play LoL suggests you already know the answer deep down).
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#9megadude1Posted 11/23/2012 4:28:15 PM
LoL with friends by far. At least you won't get criticized for how bad you are for the first couple days/weeks. For me, DOTA was pretty hard to play coming from LoL. I just gave up and went back to LoL
---
Join my Lone Wolves MW3 ELITE Clan: https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/88304
PSN: WrSmega