Did normal Elo reset? How does normal Elo work?

#1Casanovak1Posted 11/24/2012 1:46:54 AM
I've lost 7 in a row. I've been playing since January and I've never lost this many in a row.

They aren't even just losses, we are getting completely wrecked and dominated.

I'm getting matched with people that have anywhere between 1400-3500 wins. I know it is skill level, but somebody with 3500 wins has more experience than my 364 wins. 4-5 people on the enemy team have that and a bunch of them have gold usually, yet nobody on my team ever does.

I've tried every role with multiple champs and I'm rarely winning anymore. I've lost 7 tonight, but before that, won 1, lost 2, won 2, lost 3, so on

I just don't understand how matchmaking works. It doesn't seem fair.

I don't mind losing but it just seems ridiculous and unfair tonight more than usual.

I'm not meaning to complain but I'm pretty frustrated after 7 terrible losses. I've never done this badly since I started playing :(

My team has sucked, usually myself included, but why aren't I getting matched with the gold elo players? Things like that I don't understand

Anyone care to shed some light on normal matchmaking?
---
How many Dragon Ball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes three episodes.
Live GT: CasaNovak
#2Chaotic WarriorPosted 11/24/2012 1:48:06 AM
don't know if normal elo resets each season or not... even tho i been playing since season 1 but i've lost 32 out of my last 44 games so ya. it probably got reset.
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
#3Casanovak1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 11:17:27 AM
32 out of 44? Ouch. I think I'm not far off from that. I haven't won more than 2 in a row in ages. :(

I'm scared to even try playing again
---
How many Dragon Ball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes three episodes.
#4SorrySleepingPosted 11/24/2012 11:18:52 AM
Only ranked Elo got reset. If you are losing a lot it means you probably won a lot recently.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#5TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/24/2012 11:24:37 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
Only ranked Elo got reset. If you are losing a lot it means you probably won a lot recently.

Are you sure? Ever since the elo reset I noticed a huge increase in normals of people who don't know what they're doing. It was much worse than it was before the reset and just recently started getting better.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#6Casanovak1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 11:33:12 AM
SorrySleeping posted...

I haven't been winning much though. Even when I did I never lost this much in such a one sided fashion. I'm not the greatest player by any means and I don't claim to be, but the people I am getting matched with is just unreal. The other team will have gold elo ranking when I look them up, and my team maybe has someone who PLAYED ranked before. I never have played ranked.

My games have gone like.... win 1 or maybe 2, lose 3-4, win 1, lose 4, win 2, etc

I was 27 wins ahead last week and now I'm only 14 wins ahead in my W/L. I fought really hard to get it kind of positive and it's gross knowing I'll probably go negative again
---
#7FreshSushiPosted 11/24/2012 11:34:55 AM
This **** happens all the time.
---
AE 2012: (Gouken), LoL: (Cho, Morde, J4), Chivalry: (Van)
Dark Souls 2, Cave Story 2 plz
#8FlareZeroPosted 11/24/2012 11:43:30 AM
The problem is now that ranked elo has reset, you get a lot more people playing normal in between their ranked games. And these people are also the same ones that are getting back into the game and have no idea what they're doing. I've noticed an influx of bad players recently but I haven't lost 7 in a row or as bad as the other guy.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#9Witch__HazelPosted 11/24/2012 11:47:40 AM
Ever since the season end I've been smashing people in norms for the most part... I almost had a full page of wins for the first time in a while.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Vicariousx
#10Village IdiotPosted 11/24/2012 12:21:04 PM
Well it is was thanksgiving holiday, which brings out more terribads as the kids are out of school.

Also its the weekend, which again brings out more terribads.

I don't play on holidays/weekends until late at night when the kids go to sleep.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude