DOTA 2 player wanting to give this game a go. The good and the bad.

#61Sid_IcarusPosted 11/26/2012 3:16:06 AM
Sid_Icarus posted...
Sid_Icarus posted...

Then the whole "I don't think anyone outside of Singapore" thing seems a bit off, doesn't it?

No...? Of course people have heard of them now, but I'm fairly certain no one outside of Singapore heard of them prior to that Singapore tournament.

Except your statement was in the present tense. Stop contradicting yourself.

It's not really contradicting myself, I didn't elucidate cause I figured people would have common sense to realize that people would know who they are now after a big tournament happened, so I would have been talking about previously.

Because the League board is filled with people who watch DOTA tournaments, right.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#62ZerothmaPosted 11/26/2012 3:22:59 AM(edited)
Shadowshiek69 posted...

Of course a DOTA 2 team would get destroyed in a league tournament since league isn't the game that they specialize in.

B-but League is so "simple" and has "an easier learning curve". Since DotA takes so much skill, they should be able to crush LoL players after only a short time playing! I mean, the meta is so defined and the characters are all just rehashes. Even the item builds are the same thing over and over. And don't forget that you don't loose gold when you die, so you can feed as much as you want because apparently that doesn't give the other team an advantage.

That's really why this is a party game. You aren't punished nearly enough, and who doesn't want punishment in their games? Punishment is fun! In LoL, once you get behind you just get a blue shell and catch back up. That's why you see the pro games constantly rubberbanding back and forth, because LoL is very forgiving.

I still have no idea why DotA players don't just come play LoL for a free million dollars.

Pretty sure if a LoL team plays in a DOTA 2 tournament, they would get destroyed too.

Obviously this doesn't need to be said. If you didn't start playing DotA before you hit 13, you might as well give up. Curse your parents for not putting a keyboard in your hand when you were 3, now you'll never catch up to the skill level of other DotA players because the game is just so damn complex.
---
Cleaning up inaccuracies on the internet, one idiot at a time.
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#63HyperDragonPosted 11/26/2012 3:58:00 AM
Sid_Icarus posted...
Sid_Icarus posted...
Sid_Icarus posted...

Then the whole "I don't think anyone outside of Singapore" thing seems a bit off, doesn't it?

No...? Of course people have heard of them now, but I'm fairly certain no one outside of Singapore heard of them prior to that Singapore tournament.

Except your statement was in the present tense. Stop contradicting yourself.

It's not really contradicting myself, I didn't elucidate cause I figured people would have common sense to realize that people would know who they are now after a big tournament happened, so I would have been talking about previously.

Because the League board is filled with people who watch DOTA tournaments, right.

Uh...even if you don't, I think it's still common sense that people would know who someone is after a tournament that causes cross game controversy, regardless???

I mean, maybe people shouldn't say "a popular DOTA team" then, if they don't actually watch DotA.