Will Alistar be banned less frequently in season 3?

#11MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 4:56:26 PM
Luster_Sly posted...
Still annoying as hell and unkillable no matter where he goes, prob banned just as often.

Thought you were talking about TC for a minute, there.
#12End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:58:20 PM
FreshSushi posted...
Yeah, cause you lane with those guys. Laning is pretty simple. But when you jungle Alistar you don't actually jungle Alistar, you just get blue then roam. Scrubs make the mistake of actually killing more than 2 jungle creeps.

oh. wow. i. didn't even know that. i only use bra cow, and i be slayin all da jungles on my roam erry day, so i thought jungle ali could do dis too.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#13gkh5Posted 11/26/2012 5:01:59 PM
FreshSushi posted...
Yeah, cause you lane with those guys. Laning is pretty simple. But when you jungle Alistar you don't actually jungle Alistar, you just get blue then roam. Scrubs make the mistake of actually killing more than 2 jungle creeps.

This. Jungle in general is MUCH easier to screw up than "land W through minions to win any trade" or Graves' faceroll combo. And the difference with Amu and Rengar is they actually do play a more standard jungle than Ali. Ali jungle before the various nerfs was grossly unfair. Now it's just damn strong in capable hands. S3 will be the death of it though I think, but we'll see.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#14happyscrub1Posted 11/26/2012 5:04:04 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
Dragonslash posted...
Alistar shouldn't be banned in this season lol. Alistar is so bad in Solo Queue it's laughable. One of the worst characters in the game.
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=ranked&type=champion-loserate&range=daily
4th worst character in game.

there is a consistent trend of powerful champions garnering abysmal win rates because of overuse from bads thinking they can get free wins

win rate doesn't indicate a champions true power

Alistar isn't as grossly overpowered as is perpetuated, but he is pretty strong. His jungle is strong, although not as consistent as people like, and his support is decent. Lategame he is still a huge disruption and nigh unkillable while his ult is up.

I don't think he will be banned as much in season 3, just because his jungle was feared because of his ganking power. However even currently he has trouble staying as farmed as others, he relies on ganks. In season 3 I doubt he will be able to function well in the jungle. His support will still be decent, but he isn't nearly as feared for that.

Alistar has low win rate even in HIGH elo.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#15End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:42:02 PM
He has low win rates all across the board, and i think people are finally catching on - he's fallen from 1st-3rd place with 1st or 2nd ban to 10th place 4th - 6th. And this is even before the jungle re-remix.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis