Good, tanky, champs with plenty of CC which aren't banned constantly?

#1Gun SagePosted 11/25/2012 6:04:18 PM
Usually for a tanky champ I may play Mundo or Skarner, getting grievous wounds on mundo then running away till they're off, then coming back in. Skarner I just Q constantly for perma slow and attempt to ult the enemy ADC and drag them out of position. Problem is, even with sheen, merc/tabi, aegis, randuin's, shurelya's, and a force of nature or wits end, I melt pretty quick.

What are some other strong champs with great CC and natural tankiness?

I like Malphite, Alistar, and Amumu... but guess what? Yep... I had thought Rammus but he's expected to jungle, and his farm speed seems pretty awful.

Nautilus was another one I had been looking at, alongside Galio. Maokai was also a prime choice, though I'd kind of wanted a little more team-CC.

Any other suggestions?
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#2themagicpainmanPosted 11/25/2012 6:05:17 PM
Problem is, even with sheen, merc/tabi, aegis, randuin's, shurelya's, and a force of nature or wits end, I melt pretty quick.

...How?
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3LithspPosted 11/25/2012 6:05:37 PM
If they need to be a jungler, try Udyr. No range but he can definitely CC people, be a tank, and just be annoying to face in general.

If not, they try Leona. Basically everything you want.
---
[]Signature[]
#4bobguydude1Posted 11/25/2012 6:07:12 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Problem is, even with sheen, merc/tabi, aegis, randuin's, shurelya's, and a force of nature or wits end, I melt pretty quick.

...How?

the only thing I can think of that can melt this is an over fed malz that you let yourself get blasted by his entire combo and a DFG.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#5aHappySackaPosted 11/25/2012 6:10:52 PM
Nautilus and Rammus? Naut can't carry well late-game though.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#6Sword_SlasherPosted 11/25/2012 6:12:47 PM
Highly recommend Naut.
---
"I like to complain about games I've never played on online message boards." - Francis
#7Black_AssassinPosted 11/25/2012 6:23:03 PM(edited)
Sword_Slasher posted...
Highly recommend Naut.

Seconding this. Also Leona.

...How?

Only Randuin as armor item so any late game AD carry.
#8Gun Sage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 6:22:37 PM

...How?

Well, even with this full build I've had Vayne's 5-6 shot me, + the rest of the team...

A lot of the time it works fine, but there's several teams out there that skarner isn't quite tanky enough to take on, and when I get focused down that's usually the end of me.

On the other hand, I've seen other tanky champs 1v5 the enemy team and have half health after all the cooldowns are blown.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#9Sid_IcarusPosted 11/25/2012 6:24:18 PM

...How?

Well, even with this full build I've had Vayne's 5-6 shot me, + the rest of the team...

A lot of the time it works fine, but there's several teams out there that skarner isn't quite tanky enough to take on, and when I get focused down that's usually the end of me.

On the other hand, I've seen other tanky champs 1v5 the enemy team and have half health after all the cooldowns are blown.

Solution, don't let Vayne get a full build
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#10DeathWish96Posted 11/25/2012 6:24:41 PM
As I was reading your title I thought of Cho Gath.
---