[THEORYCRAFT]: What will be the League of Legends Season 3 meta?

#1End_of_DayPosted 11/26/2012 1:04:23 AM(edited)
Season 1: Passive early game with hypercarry ADC late game

hypercarry ADC (Vayne, Kog) with babysit supports. ADC took heal, support took CV.

Passive farm top, lane rarely ganked. Mostly high sustain champions.

Mid AP champions focused on the range of their abilities and burst damage. Most commonly ganked lane. Often emphasized crowd control and AoE damage.

Wriggle's Lantern core on most junglers. Ganks less frequent with more emphasis on counterjungling. Junglers focused more on damage than cc. Tanky DPS with few or soft crowd control abilities.

Season 2: Aggressive early game with high mobility champions

Early game burst mobility ADC (Corki, Graves, Ezreal) with aggressive support (Alistar, Blitzcrank, Leona). ADC takes either Ignite or Cleanse to counter the enemy lane's summoners and support takes Exhaust.

AoE jungle clearers much more common. Junglers start boots 3 pots instead of cloth 5 into Wriggles. Build gold per second items while relying heavily on ganks for gold and experience. Ward clearing and Oracle's more crucial to ganking. Junglers in season 2 relied more on utility spells and crowd control rather than damage to be useful to their team.

Aggressive top champions more common, lane receives ganks more often to snowball their top lane champion and free them up to gank other lanes.

Mid lane AP carry focused more on mobility and wave clearing to push out and roam for early ganks. Often switched out for high mobility assassins to counter enemy AP mids.

Season 3: ???

???

???

???

???

???
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#2OrbitalOctopusPosted 11/26/2012 12:32:55 AM
Wasn't season 1 AP carry top, adc mid, jungler and 2 bot( with one often being a roamer) for dragon control?
---
flexible bullet saying that a girl isn't hot is like a masai tribesman telling me that i have a bad computer ~ UtarEmpire
Pokemon White: 1205 8519 7476
#3End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:36:06 AM
I'm a little iffy on when exactly season 1 started, but if it was earlier than what I had thought, then you might be right.

I started playing last year in August.
---
#4EvilMewtwoPosted 11/26/2012 12:36:56 AM
I think top will become more aggressive because there's less fear of ganks. Bot will probably stay about the same. Mid might become even more roamy too because hell, you can't rely on the jungler for ganking.

But this is coming from a 1300 elo scrub so w/e
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#5Aerodrome2Posted 11/26/2012 12:39:11 AM
What's happening to top that makes it harder to gank?
#6End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:39:25 AM
My season 2 elo was 350ish.

hayuuuul yeauh
---
#7End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:51:30 AM
Aerodrome2 posted...

maybe not so much that it'll be harder to gank, but jungle creeps are going to give more gold, thus incentivising junglers to defend their own jungle from counterjungling and really have to choose wisely which lane to gank instead of taking the risk to gank a lane regardless of its status, because that's the only way they could really get gold in season 2.
---
#8justcusimasianPosted 11/26/2012 12:52:49 AM
Aerodrome2 posted...

I think he's more referring to the jungle changes than top lane itself.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_au-qancp_4&feature=related
GT-EXjohn
#9FandomOfRandomPosted 11/26/2012 1:18:57 AM(edited)
Hunter's Machete core on most Junglers.

No more Boots+3 = less scary ganks.
Stronger jungle creeps = Junglers will have lower health at the end of the clear.
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#10Gun SagePosted 11/26/2012 1:18:38 AM
I see ganks still being an issue if what I've seen of the S3 jungle stats is correct. Nocturne has a fast clear time, and is healthy by the end of it too... That's on a level 4 full clear, anyway. May not have to worry about it early game, but I'm sure a lot of people will still play very passive/aggressive based on what their champ and matchup is.

For instance, since Riven is so strong those first few levels, she may push hard. Enemy is, say, gangplank and wants to avoid dying instantly, so is content to just farm under tower.

So I still see that being strategic and a little more passive at times. At the same time though, I see that paranoia of "He could be here at level 2, if not then he probably won't come at all" ideal stretching out a bit further, with the jungle being worthwhile over the idea of "Gotta gank!"

As for the other lanes, I think mid will see a LOT more itemization changes that change up how a mid will play. You don't have to have a mobile champ to roam when you have mobility options that will still help your champ, and you don't have to worry about needing more AoE damage on an ADC when you can buy an item for that. With the new defense changes, I also see pure AD teams becoming a thing, or pure AP teams if done properly. Mid AD's are already starting to become more popular, so... Could not be too far off.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!