general lol player impression of dota?

#1wheezy2006Posted 11/26/2012 7:34:09 AM
not to troll or anything, but having always played dota1/2 and never tried LoL, im just curious to know what you guys generally think of dota?

im sure you all know what the general dota star impression of lol players are <<
#2FvPPosted 11/26/2012 7:34:41 AM
LoL is more user-friendly
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3angermngment101Posted 11/26/2012 7:35:41 AM(edited)
Dota2:
ugly
champs are too strong
not fun
too complicated
---
Gamefax
#4LooksLikeRainPosted 11/26/2012 7:41:56 AM
I like the simplicity of LoL. Maybe I'm too used to it, but I feel like since I've been playing LoL for so long, I don't care to play Dota. I tried it a few times, and It's felt like a chore each time. Plus, I have way more fun playing LoL.
---
I'd arrest you if I had handcuffs.
#5RihawfPosted 11/26/2012 7:43:30 AM
I think it's a refreshing experience.
It's like when I want to play LoL with more customization and details. Also the heroes are really fun.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#6SHINSS0Posted 11/26/2012 7:43:32 AM
I has free TP scroll in League whereas I have to get a TP to go back to base.

There's no teemo in DotA, and Meepo>Teemo

OMG STUNS STUNS EVERYWHERE in DotA

Everyone has mana in DotA. Great.

Rubick Spell Steal OP

Invoker 10000000 Spells OP

Refresher Orb OP

BKB OP

Troll warlord<Jayce

Darius>Axe (Dunking)

Puck OP

Denies Suck

Pudge&#8805;Blitz

Ashe>Drow

Diana>Luna or w/e her name is called

Bloodseeker mechanic OP

Forcestaff>Zhonyas

GA>Aegis

DotA Jungle>LoL Jungle

LoL fails>DotA fails

Jax.

Pretty much on what I think.
---
Humans Must Come To Understand One Another, To Avoid Conflict. That is How Mankind Will Finally Reach The Next Step In Evolution.
#7gam3szzz_2Posted 11/26/2012 7:48:14 AM
I don't like how DOTA 2 looks. The UI looks ugly and there is a lack of textures. The gameplay is honestly similar no matter what people say, so graphics will the main topic.
---
LoL ID: Pinkuu (Support Player)
#8wheezy2006(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:49:23 AM
it sounds like a lot of you guys think the issue with dota is overpowered heroes/items, or that the game is generally too complicated. don't you think both of these problems would get remedied by learning the game more? or is it just not good enough to warrant that effort?

and my actual question was your impression of players like us :P
#9hare_hare_yukaiPosted 11/26/2012 7:49:38 AM
killed wc3 and made me migrate to this lame game :(
#10MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 8:11:14 AM
It is fun, but it is also archaic and has plenty of issues from balance to a horrible UI and shop.

And the "complicated" argument isn't really about skill. LoL became popular because it streamlined the genre and made the game more equal and competitive. There are less things to worry about, so the game is about faster action in general. Dota has more mechanics that only serve to slow down the game and keep you feeling like you are playing a decade old game rather than something new and exciting.

I always use the comparison between Starcraft and Rise of Nations. Starcraft is popular precisely because it is less complicated, more balanced, and has faster action in general. The same goes for LoL and Dota 2. And even though it came out more recently, Dota 2 is a facelift on an old game, and it really shows that the design is something from years ago.

There are some interesting champs and the play can be rewarding in its own way, so it is worth playing if you enjoy the genre, but LoL is much more fitting for competitive play.