general lol player impression of dota?

#21CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 9:38:12 AM
Worse with every dota thread on this forum.

Your community is full of raging, butthurt kids, even moreso than League. You should stop giving them opportunities to rage here by making dota topics, since they're too cowardly to create their own off-topic topics.
#22HeroshiX2Posted 11/26/2012 9:40:38 AM
Covenant posted...

Your community is full of raging, butthurt kids, even moreso than League. You should stop giving them opportunities to rage here by making dota topics, since they're too cowardly to create their own off-topic topics.

Get over yourself.
#23CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 9:46:25 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
Covenant posted...

Get over yourself.

Case in point.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion about DotA players in a thread about opinions about DotA players. Okay.

And you were being relatively civil up to this point, too...
#24HeroshiX2Posted 11/26/2012 9:51:59 AM
I AM being civil. I admit I'm a little agitated due to the amount of dota topics today when this is the league board and that is influencing some of my later responses in other threads. Especially when people have no facts to back up their claims.

I apologize though, regardless.

This is a topic discussing the game, I understand the community is a part of every online game to a big degree but please keep the gamefaqs members out of it, we are very small minority and do not represent either side of the games community as a whole, but I can understand how a small part would make everything look bad for a side. Both sides have their bad eggs and it's annoying as all get out, I agree.

But to be completely oblivious and state the dota community is worse off than league is just ignorant in my eyes. I honestly have a lot more pleasant allies to be with on dota (primarily due to voice chat, that alone makes things a LOT more fun to be around.) than I ever have on league.
#25sonic_rockzPosted 11/26/2012 10:06:49 AM
That's like asking a bunch of ADHD kids what they think of the gifted children.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#26sonic_rockzPosted 11/26/2012 10:08:06 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
DotA in two words: Horribly unbalanced.

Every single hero has at least one stupidly powerful skill, and it's impossible to balance the game when everyone's mechanics are broken.

........give him a minute.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#27MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 10:15:38 AM
sonic_rockz posted...
That's like asking a bunch of ADHD kids what they think of the gifted children.

It is people like this guy that think Starcraft is the pinnacle of strategy. He plays a convoluted, archaic game and acts superior because of some inferiority complex, not realizing that the two brain cells the game he is touting takes to play wouldn't get him very far in a real strategy game.

He is also a great example of what makes Dota 2 the strategy game with the absolute worst community.
#28CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 10:16:56 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
This is a topic discussing the game, I understand the community is a part of every online game to a big degree but please keep the gamefaqs members out of it, we are very small minority and do not represent either side of the games community as a whole, but I can understand how a small part would make everything look bad for a side.

TC's second post said that this topic was supposed to be asking about our perception of dota players. Also, the attitude that leads me to believe that your community is awful is by no means limited to GameFAQs.

But to be completely oblivious and state the dota community is worse off than league is just ignorant in my eyes.

TC asked for general impressions. General impressions are often ignorant.

I don't play dota at all since the people who run it have always refused to fix the staggeringly bad parts of the game for fear of community backlash. My exposure to the dota community is pretty much entirely seeing them be inarticulate, condescending, and largely ignorant of what constitutes good game design when comparing dota to other games.

I also seem to have much better experiences in League than most other players claim because I don't get mad about every little thing and play at a decent Elo.

My impression of the playerbases probably isn't extremely well-informed, though it is based off of an image that at least some dota fans seem to have been working pretty hard at conveying to other communities for a very long time now. However, TC asked for impressions, not Universal Truth.
#29lDarkdrakPosted 11/26/2012 10:32:49 AM
Covenant posted...

From your post I can see the LoL fanbase is just as full of raging kids as DotA.
---
Beware, I live!
#30cjpv1Posted 11/26/2012 10:36:44 AM
angermngment101 posted...
Dota2:
ugly
champs are too strong
not fun
too complicated

ugly < Less cartoony than league and darker.
champs are too strong < But mana costs are massive meaning you can't spam your skills like you can in league. Plus, since they are all strong, it's not an issue.
not fun
too complicated < Probably why you don't find it fun.
---
`'~-.,_,..-~'```'~ Kirisute;~'```'~-.,_,.-~'``
._.._,.-~'`-`'~-., Gomen;.,_,.-~'`~`'~.~.,