I don't understand why people say denying makes no sense

#1ReadOnlyAccntPosted 11/26/2012 7:28:06 AM
What is the logic behind that? I really want to know, people keep saying its dumb and pointless and illogical.

But if you get exp and gold for killing a creep then why shouldn't you get less exp if you don't kill it?
By killing it you get the experience because you ended the creeps life but if someone takes the kill away you don't get the experience.

Its like if you aim a gun at a deer and shoot it you get the experience of how to aim well and shoot. As opposed to just aiming a gun at a deer and then someone else killing it before you do, you don't get the experience of actually shooting. semi bad analogy w/e.
---
Bleh
#2-Enemay-Posted 11/26/2012 7:31:48 AM
My problem with it isn't that it doesn't make sense, just that it can be annoying to keep track of. And really, in Dota there are fewer creeps, so it doesn't matter as much and it opens up opportunities for interesting abilities like Lich's Sacrifice. I like denial, I just don't want it in League.
---
Gamertag/ LoL: The Enemay
Soul Silver FC: 2751-3791-4214
#3gaara999999Posted 11/26/2012 7:32:47 AM
It's because minions are on your team, and denying is basically the same as teamkilling. Teamkilling makes no sense.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#4Dragonfable101Posted 11/26/2012 7:34:27 AM
It makes sense.

It makes even more sense if your jungler is smart enough to gank on top of it.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#5MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 7:42:16 AM
It makes sense, but that doesn't make it a necessary mechanic. Dota suffers from an overabundance of unwieldy mechanics straight out of the year 2000 and will never be as competitive as LoL for it.
#6RihawfPosted 11/26/2012 7:44:00 AM
ReadOnlyAccnt posted...

Its like if you aim a gun at a deer and shoot it you get the experience of how to aim well and shoot. As opposed to just aiming a gun at a deer and then someone else killing it before you do, you don't get the experience of actually shooting. semi bad analogy w/e.

You are not aiming a gun at a deer. It's YOUR DEER.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#7ahovbiwPosted 11/26/2012 7:47:06 AM
Rihawf posted...
ReadOnlyAccnt posted...

You are not aiming a gun at a deer. It's YOUR DEER.

I think most people would shoot their own dog.
#8Ephemeral1Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:10 AM
I like engaging other players in fights, not competing for last hits on minions.
#9angermngment101Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:10 AM
It's because minions are on your team, and denying is basically the same as teamkilling. Teamkilling makes no sense.

I like engaging other players in fights, not competing for last hits on minions.
---
Gamefax
#10BurnumMasterPosted 11/26/2012 8:11:39 AM
Your evil neighbor is trying to get better at aiming by shooting your dog. Instead of shooting him to stop him, you run out and shoot your dog first. Logic
---
GT:BurnumMaster