I don't understand why people say denying makes no sense

#51_HeXPosted 11/26/2012 12:33:03 PM
We already have denying in LoL. You harras and poke your opponent and make him think twice about going in to last hit.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#52Vince40Posted 11/26/2012 12:33:30 PM
You're implying I don't live in here like yourself? True I don't post in LoL as often as maybe yourself.

Also we may be in the LoL forums but in this topic the direction has has obviously gone back n' forth.
---
I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Queens Of The Stoneage
#53WebBowserPosted 11/26/2012 12:36:36 PM
Uhhhh denial does actually exist in this game, just not on everyone. We've got Karma and her sheild and heal, Alister and his heal, and my personal favorite....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFw-C__upQg

The main diffence between denial in League and Dota? Simple, it pushes your lane and does not have as much of an impact on exp while still having a significant impact on the opponent's gold. Denial of towers does not exist at all in this game and frankly I'm fine with it, if an opponent pushes a tower, he deserves that gold, simple as that.
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#54Herostratus_Posted 11/26/2012 12:43:17 PM
The only thing I disliked about denying in Dota 2 was that the command is different than the command for killing opposing minions. Still wouldn't want them to add it to League. Would just be one more thing to keep track of.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#55T-Viral-XPosted 11/26/2012 12:54:59 PM
You know what also makes sense? Being able to attack roshan wherever he aggros you, using skills on a catapult, giving allies my items, destruction of barracks resulting in weaker allies, and shooting throw trees impairing accuracy. Should these things be restricted? They make game sense.

Or are people going to admit that they prefer x's arbitrary ruleset to y's?
---
[~N~] [3_D] [U_U] lol, sig
Banking on Zelda Wii U being a Glass Zelda - 7/5/11
#56T-Viral-XPosted 11/26/2012 12:59:41 PM
Herostratus_ posted...
The only thing I disliked about denying in Dota 2 was that the command is different than the command for killing opposing minions. Still wouldn't want them to add it to League. Would just be one more thing to keep track of.

I'm pretty sure there's an option to unify both allied and enemy creep killing.
---
[~N~] [3_D] [U_U] lol, sig
Banking on Zelda Wii U being a Glass Zelda - 7/5/11
#57refmonPosted 11/26/2012 1:02:03 PM
This is just me because I already find last hitting to be a chore, I know its necessary but its pretty boring so adding denying makes so it much more worse
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#58Ephemeral1Posted 11/26/2012 1:06:19 PM
Vince40 posted...
Holy_Serpent posted...
Removing denying creates more interaction with enemies in lane, making the game more aggressive.

Because now you can't just kill their minions from a distance to stop someone from farming. You're forced to fight and punish someone whenever they try to kill a creep, essentially "denying" through battle instead of just farming your own creep.

Denying gives the game a longer laning phase and makes the game stagnant.

Um, denying helps to keep your cs above the enemy as well as keep the wave closer to your tower. WHICH in doing so helps to set up gank for your mid or jungle....... Do you even Dota?

"League has lane control without denying. As such, you're setting up a false dichotomy here."

And you're butt hurt that a game has more ways of denying than LoL.... Because?

"Hating poor implementations of strategy = hating strategy. Good argument."

Again hating more options that make sense as other have explained rather than LoL linear choices. Good rebuttal.

"You can attack minions without competing for them. You can help push, help take jungle objectives, and help teammates last hit at towers without any competition at all."

Again, don't TOUCH a single creep. Let me know how you do.

"You're misconstruing my point. Farming may be a necessary element of the game, but it is not a particularly entertaining one. If I just wanted to click on things all day and not interact with other people I'd play solitaire. Implementing creep denial would only add another layer of mundane strategy to an already mundane task. No thanks."

And I'm sorry you can't do more than one thing. Farm/deny/harass/etc.

There are plenty of things I'm capable of doing and still prefer not to. If you can't distinguish between the two... well, I don't know what to tell you.
#59leet_x1337Posted 11/26/2012 1:19:47 PM
T-Viral-X posted...
Herostratus_ posted...

I'm pretty sure there's an option to unify both allied and enemy creep killing.

There isn't.

Also, the thing that the people who make these sorts of threads keep forgetting is that LoL and Dota are not actually going for the same market, as strange as it may seem. The comparison I think fits best here is Call of Duty and Battlefield pre-3.
---
Proud Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
#60CBratePosted 11/26/2012 2:12:03 PM
That would explain your friendly fire incidents.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756