I don't understand why people say denying makes no sense

#61CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 2:32:38 PM
Vince40 posted...
You're implying I don't live in here like yourself?

I'm saying that you don't post here, other than in this recent rash of dota topics. Google told me so.
#62username0194581Posted 11/26/2012 2:39:26 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
Your evil neighbor is trying to get better at aiming by shooting your dog. Instead of shooting him to stop him, you run out and shoot your dog first. Logic

no im pretty sure i'd shoot my neighbor, save my dog, skip town. another form of logic.
---
How many platinum's do YOU have?
#63BarrenitePosted 11/26/2012 2:40:23 PM
username0194581 posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
Your evil neighbor is trying to get better at aiming by shooting your dog. Instead of shooting him to stop him, you run out and shoot your dog first. Logic

no im pretty sure i'd shoot my neighbor, save my dog, skip town. another form of logic.

And so the league of legends was formed
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#64username0194581Posted 11/26/2012 2:45:55 PM
Barrenite posted...
username0194581 posted...
BurnumMaster posted...

And so the league of legends was formed

that would make a fantastic backstory for a champ, rather than "(insert champ) is Mysterioussssss" although with most of their recent ones theyve strayed away from that cop out.
---
How many platinum's do YOU have?
#65AriavoltagePosted 11/26/2012 3:19:32 PM
The problem is that once you are ahead of the enemy, it give almost COMPLETE lane control. In LoL there is a risk reward factor in that if the lane is pushed you are open to ganks from the jungler. However, in Dota that risk factor is gone when u can pretty much just kill your own minions to stop your lane from getting pushed. Not that control over your lane is a bad thing, but you shouldn't have that much control so easily. Lane control is also present in LoL just in a non all powerful form. Like late game when lanes are pushed so you can farm safely, there is a risk vs. reward form. If you could deny, you could just sit at base and kill your own minions for ridiculously easy farm. It is not just a problem that is present in the laning phase, but through out all phases of the game. Another example is when taking an early tower is a good or bad idea. On one side the opponent can not farm as easily but the lane will be more pushed towards his side. While on the other side, farming becomes more dangerous since the lane will be pushed toward the opponent however at the same time gives the opponent less safe areas to be in due to the turret range. This dynamic would be gone if you had the power to just deny your creeps to high heaven back to base.
#66CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 3:22:44 PM
Ariavoltage posted...
The problem is that once you are ahead of the enemy, it give almost COMPLETE lane control. In LoL there is a risk reward factor in that if the lane is pushed you are open to ganks from the jungler. However, in Dota that risk factor is gone when u can pretty much just kill your own minions to stop your lane from getting pushed. Not that control over your lane is a bad thing, but you shouldn't have that much control so easily. Lane control is also present in LoL just in a non all powerful form. Like late game when lanes are pushed so you can farm safely, there is a risk vs. reward form. If you could deny, you could just sit at base and kill your own minions for ridiculously easy farm. It is not just a problem that is present in the laning phase, but through out all phases of the game. Another example is when taking an early tower is a good or bad idea. On one side the opponent can not farm as easily but the lane will be more pushed towards his side. While on the other side, farming becomes more dangerous since the lane will be pushed toward the opponent however at the same time gives the opponent less safe areas to be in due to the turret range. This dynamic would be gone if you had the power to just deny your creeps to high heaven back to base.

inb4 dota fanboys ignore your actual post and respond with largely-nonsensical explanations about how you're stupid
#67MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 3:28:49 PM
Covenant posted...
Ariavoltage posted...

inb4 dota fanboys ignore your actual post and respond with largely-nonsensical explanations about how you're stupid

I'll try my best. Ahem:

Dota 2 is a brand new game that is still in its Beta and is more complicated and therefore LoL is terrible and anyone that plays is must have ADD and be dumb as a rock. If your game doesn't have turn speed, deny, wicked sick pwning, and purchasable hats, it is inferior!
#68CovenantPosted 11/26/2012 3:33:10 PM
MlREFOX posted...
I'll try my best. Ahem:

Dota 2 is a brand new game that is still in its Beta and is more complicated and therefore LoL is terrible and anyone that plays is must have ADD and be dumb as a rock. If your game doesn't have turn speed, deny, wicked sick pwning, and purchasable hats, it is inferior!

You are neither angry nor stupid enough. I appreciate the effort though.
#69ImpurePariahPosted 11/26/2012 4:30:50 PM
8/10

Keep going.
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs
#70ImpurePariahPosted 11/26/2012 4:33:37 PM
Dota 2 has been in beta for about 3 years now.
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs