I don't understand why people say denying makes no sense

#81SirDanieIPosted 11/26/2012 7:50:25 PM
I play HON and its basically the same as dota in denying and am relatively high rating 1700psr (i dont play mmr alot so mine aint that good). Really there is nothing wrong with denying or nothing particularly good about it either. The only time where I don't like it is if they go like duo mid against BH and keep me at lvl 1 for the whole game which I think they should change.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#82Vince40Posted 11/27/2012 3:59:59 AM
Covenant posted...
Vince40 posted...
You're implying I don't live in here like yourself?

I'm saying that you don't post here, other than in this recent rash of dota topics. Google told me so.

Can't tell if sarcasm when google shows me in other topics on this board. <_<
---
I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Queens Of The Stoneage
#83jonlaw101Posted 11/27/2012 4:15:03 AM(edited)
Nasus, Veigar, Gangplank and Ashe become God Tier.

Oh, and Sion.
---
Justin Beiber can't do TONS of damage and doesn't build triforce.
He ain't on Phreak's level. - Sir Spiffy Cape
#84ssj4supervegetaPosted 11/27/2012 4:21:45 AM
ReadOnlyAccnt posted...
angermngment101 posted...
And yeah I guess it could be considered team killing but its a game not a philosophical venture.

Team killing is never a good thing in any game.

Neither is sending allies down a linear path to die over and over again

the goal is to not die tho. you're sending your allies down a linear path to kill the enemy. why cant we deny champions if we can deny minions btw? o.o
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#85Suffer_NotPosted 11/27/2012 5:14:15 AM
The logical reason why you deny is that in Dota, Heroes are compelled to work for the Ancients. They don't really like what they are doing, but they don't have a choice. Unlike lesser mortals that get converted into creeps, they retain some modicum of sentience and self identity, but until their controller's mission is acccomplished they're stuck fighting battles that most of the heroes don't care about.

Basically, there is no love lost between heroes and creeps. If killing your own creeps (or even heroes) prevents the enemy from getting an advantage, it is better than the alternative.

In the League, things are different. Champions are not controlled by malevolent forces, they work for the summoners. Minions are not converted fragments of former humanity, but rather mindless drones controlled by a sixth summoner (presumably a co-worker of the players). There are rules to follow in each match, and one of them probably involves not sabotaging your team's equipment.

In terms of gameplay, it's just the differences between the two laning phases. In Dota, abilities have larger mana costs and longer cooldowns and heroes start with much less armor and regeneration. Being aggressive in lane before you have an advantage is a good way to get murdered; creep control is an important mechanic to maintain an experience advantage that leads to you winning lane. In league, you can cast your spells more than twice in lane without needing to drink a potion. Proper use of abilities, landing skill shots, creating opportunities with your cc, freezing or pushing lanes, all of that determines your advantage. It's a different playstyle, both have their merits and faults, and trying to directly compare them is a disservice to both games.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#86T-Viral-XPosted 11/27/2012 6:01:13 AM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
ReadOnlyAccnt posted...
angermngment101 posted...
And yeah I guess it could be considered team killing but its a game not a philosophical venture.

Team killing is never a good thing in any game.

Neither is sending allies down a linear path to die over and over again

the goal is to not die tho. you're sending your allies down a linear path to kill the enemy. why cant we deny champions if we can deny minions btw? o.o

Why can't we deny the Ancients, resulting in an instant counter victory?
---
[~N~] [3_D] [U_U] lol, sig
Banking on Zelda Wii U being a Glass Zelda - 7/5/11
#87Suffer_NotPosted 11/27/2012 3:26:55 PM
why cant we deny champions if we can deny minions btw? o.o

You can deny heroes if they are about to die from damage over time.

Why can't we deny the Ancients, resulting in an instant counter victory?

Because the ancient is what compels you to fight. if your hero was strong enough to just kill it whenever, he or she would not be fighting in the first place.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#88PenguinsROOLPosted 11/27/2012 3:32:43 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
Your evil neighbor is trying to get better at aiming by shooting your dog. Instead of shooting him to stop him, you run out and shoot your dog first. Logic

This is basically why denying is stupid. Yeah it adds a whole new aspect to the game, but it's necessary. Just because you can have it doesn't mean you should.
---
http://bettermebetterhumanity.wordpress.com/