I am bad at League of Legends.

#1PhantasmplusPosted 11/26/2012 8:02:54 PM
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34080203#history

Tadaa. I only play blind normals because I don't feel I'm ready for ranked yet i.e: I'll bring the team down.

Anyway as such, I'd like to request help in how to build champions. Up until now I've mostly just used builds and stuck with them. But building around the situation is always better I've heard so when I try to think for myself and build around a situation I feel like I'm choosing items that aren't right for my character. Moonflair Spellblade is an example of this. I don't understand why this is bad, I can get a pair of Sorc boots and get this for my tenacity with a nice bit of AP to boot.

I haven't had people call me out on what I'm building such as ('omg yi what are you building' or 'this evelynn lol') so I assume I've been building fair enough items. Now don't even get me started on how I lane. First of all I am way more interested in kills than CS. Farming is boring albeit I assume necessary, for some champions at least. But to this end I pick more aggressive champions, with strong harass so I can see if I can jump in and get a kill over picking up CS. This leaves me with about a 50/50 chance of winning my lane because if I don't secure kills, they outfarm me and I lose.

What I'd like for is tips on how to play, perhaps champions that synergize with an aggressive playstyle. It would be much appreciated, thank you.
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.
#2FvPPosted 11/26/2012 8:25:00 PM
lol, Master Yi.
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3Quiet_NoisePosted 11/26/2012 8:27:17 PM
The better your opponent, the less likely you're going to land a kill and snowball off it.

Creeps, however, are guaranteed to be in the lane.

You say you understand that it's important, but I'm not quite you do.
#4ZeroisaheroPosted 11/26/2012 8:28:17 PM
never play master yi
buy 10 more rune pages
play better champs
never buy morellos evil tome. EVER. its bad.
wait another 300 games till ranked.
#5eco masterPosted 11/26/2012 8:32:11 PM(edited)
You say you like to play with less focus on CS, yet I notice you have no jungling games in your history. Now, before someone takes that as "CS is not important as a jungler", I'm saying that there's a larger focus on killing champions. You're moving around more, you get to go all over the map, and you can do fun risky things like invading enemy buffs and stuff.

Problem with not focusing on CS is that even if you get a kill here and there, a well farmed opponent will still be able to stay relevant, as kills don't give you as much gold as you think they do - and I say that because you don't seem to be convinced that CS is incredibly important right now. What's more important is how much gold you get, now how many kills you get or deaths you cause (though one does give you some gold, and the other effectively denies gold and experience income - still important).

Harassing is fine. Great, even. You just have to balance out farming and harassing. Get a kill whenever you can. I'm not saying ignore killing the enemy when you have an opening to knock him or her out. Simply, don't lose gold just to shoot at the enemy a few times.

From: peach_vs_faIco | Posted: 11/26/2012 9:25:00 PM | #002
lol, Master Yi.

get dunked
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#6Phantasmplus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:37:52 PM
eco master posted...
You say you like to play with less focus on CS, yet I notice you have no jungling games in your history. Now, before someone takes that as "CS is not important as a jungler", I'm saying that there's a larger focus on killing champions. You're moving around more, you get to go all over the map, and you can do fun risky things like invading enemy buffs and stuff.

Problem with not focusing on CS is that even if you get a kill here and there, a well farmed opponent will still be able to stay relevant, as kills don't give you as much gold as you think they do - and I say that because you don't seem to be convinced that CS is incredibly important right now. What's more important is how much gold you get, now how many kills you get or deaths you cause (though one does give you some gold, and the other effectively denies gold and experience income - still important).

Harassing is fine. Great, even. You just have to balance out farming and harassing. Get a kill whenever you can. I'm not saying ignore killing the enemy when you have an opening to knock him or her out. Simply, don't lose gold just to shoot at the enemy a few times.

From: peach_vs_faIco | Posted: 11/26/2012 9:25:00 PM | #002
lol, Master Yi.

get dunked

I have actually jungled a bit but not often as I find it's the hardest role for me to do well at with all of the things you have to keep track of. You need to keep track of when buffs come up, when dragon comes up and when baron comes up. I know the times but I lose track and forget as I play. The last time I jungled I was Udyr, I've heard he's bad but all of the guides I read say he's a monster which I can believe, my clear times were fast as hell but ganking was kind of a pain.

I've only ever jungled as Udyr and Rammus and I didn't do horribly but I felt I could have done better.
---
RARITYCATCHME.
#7Phantasmplus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:41:48 PM
So what are some items that I should not get on any champion, or perhaps which items are only useful on specific champions? Items such as Nashor's Tooth for example I hear is extremely bad on a lot of champions save for Diana. I never see anyone build Guinsoo's, Cloak and Daggers or Moonflair Spellblade. I'm trying to get to the point where I understand the game enough to not have to consult a guide all the time. Also, why is Mobafire so bad anyway? I see some of the featured guides being awful but I usually trust the ones with verified elos anyway. Hell even Azubu Frosts mid did a Lux guide on the site.
---
RARITYCATCHME.
#8SpacefrisianPosted 11/29/2012 1:34:33 AM
Build Dunkmaster Yi items, than at least one on the team will go like Wuaahhhh what youre building, noob bla bla bla. Those players also tend to say they are pro and know it all. They dont know much about dunkmaster Yi.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.