Fill me on on this Kassadin fella.

#1piepiezPosted 11/26/2012 9:48:21 PM
I'm so interested in play him, but I understand he is highly situational and can be countered pretty easily. Is there anything the pros can recommend to me that I should practice with him? If I play him against a counter, am I definitely going to lose lane? I really want to play him, it's just a shame he's so situational.
#2JiminyTheDingoPosted 11/26/2012 9:50:39 PM
He goes ham on mages. You won't necessarily lose lane if you go against a counter assuming you're decent, and if you're just doing normals then teams almost never send counters to him mid in blind pick. You should be fine.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#3DualitypainPosted 11/26/2012 9:51:19 PM
He's a counterpick like most assassin mids. Those he counters, he counters hard. Those he doesn't, he wont do much against. Your 1-5 is weak, but when you hit 6, you're ungankable with a little bit of awareness.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#4aHappySackaPosted 11/26/2012 9:52:59 PM(edited)
His counters aren't so bad if you know that match-up, I just first-pick him and blow up any Talons and Oriannas that think they are counter-picking me, but Galio and Malphite are a different story though...
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5piepiez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:51:42 PM
JiminyTheDingo posted...
He goes ham on mages. You won't necessarily lose lane if you go against a counter assuming you're decent, and if you're just doing normals then teams almost never send counters to him mid in blind pick. You should be fine.

Thanks man. How do you play him though? Aggressive with Q poke, push to tower, then roam at 6? What's your harass/kill combo post 6?
#6piepiez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:55:58 PM
Dualitypain posted...
He's a counterpick like most assassin mids. Those he counters, he counters hard. Those he doesn't, he wont do much against. Your 1-5 is weak, but when you hit 6, you're ungankable with a little bit of awareness.

Are you mostly farming at tower if you're against a ranged ap mid? I find that they can just poke me constantly if I try to farm since I'm melee. also, what item build do you go? Sorc boots, dorans, rush deathcap?
#7GoldenFantasyPosted 11/26/2012 10:18:07 PM
piepiez posted...
Dualitypain posted...

Are you mostly farming at tower if you're against a ranged ap mid? I find that they can just poke me constantly if I try to farm since I'm melee. also, what item build do you go? Sorc boots, dorans, rush deathcap?

Doran's are usually a waste on him since you should be using auto attacks to farm. You q to harass enemy. Start building Rod of Ages or at least an early catalyst immediately. Then rush Rabadon.

If you're having trouble in lane, you should roam to top or bot when you're going back to mid. Most people don't expect this so it should be easy ganks. Especially with Kassadin.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#8piepiez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:36:48 AM
Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated
#9DottledPosted 11/27/2012 10:40:20 AM
I just shut him down hard in mid as GP. But the enemy Graves got fed so we still lost :(
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.