HOW will the NEW SUPPORT ITEMS affect CHAMPION SELECTION in Season three?

#1End_of_DayPosted 11/27/2012 2:11:56 PM(edited)
Will aggressive supports still reign, or will they crumble under a new regime of long range harass support?
or something else
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#2EvilMewtwoPosted 11/27/2012 2:12:07 PM
I DON'T know how THE NEW ITEMS will affect the CHAMPION SELECTION.
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#3End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:14:34 PM
WELL you can TAKE A LOOK at THE NEW ITEMS and maybe you can FORM AN OPINION and RETURN TO THIS TOPIC with it.
---
#4Dragonfable101Posted 11/27/2012 2:19:50 PM
Supports don't items. Supports support.

Hue
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#5End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:32:28 PM
BLAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
---
#6MaurithPosted 11/27/2012 2:33:42 PM
Crispin.
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Sona, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Poppy, Tristana, Amumu, Maokai, Irelia, Swain]
#7ophanseraph123Posted 11/27/2012 2:35:36 PM
Season 2: I don't have any Supports...
Season 3: SUPPORT OR I FEED!!!1!1!11
---
I'd love to hear your life story and all, but I'm kind of busy eating this nice plate of "I don't give a damn".
#8Gun SagePosted 11/27/2012 2:40:46 PM
I see supports being stronger or weaker based on their late-game prowess, rather than "Great early game, at least has a presence/meatshield capability late-game"

For instance, Sona's may start kitting out as a second, weaker ADC alongside being a support. Lulu may as well. Taric and Leona on the other hand may go very tanky, and we may begin to see supports able to take quite a bit of damage (more than they currently can by far).

So, I think support may actually be a new role with a new kit. Right now, a Leona in bot lane isn't really "OK, we have a tank!", you still expect someone to fill that role elsewhere. Season 3, that may change, and having Sona + Graves bot may put enough damage in mid-late game that we may see tankier options elsewhere.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#9End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:47:21 PM
serious topic about support meta, specifically champion selection topic
---