It's over, LoL is finished

#41End_of_DayPosted 11/27/2012 5:57:24 PM
chicostick posted...
Isn't Riot owned by a Chinese corporation?

Tencent bought the majority stake in Riot Games Inc. from their original investors, so while they do technically 'own' Riot, they actually paid a bit more to Riot's current management team to keep them running the company and not bail ship.

So the company is run by the same people as before. Tencent just gets to dip their fingers in the profit.

And whether or not this ZQ Games thing will set something off in China, idk. But it won't affect us here, unless you actually just like the other game better. Then...you would switch games.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#42bast999Posted 11/27/2012 5:58:27 PM
Usopp is a MF reskin
I saw a Rammus (dunno what he was reskinned into but that was Rammus)
Shrek is a Mundo reskin
I saw a Blitz, an Ashe ult, and a Malphite ult... Hell, the whole map looks too much like SR, unlike HoN which looked similar to the DotA1 map. This Chinese game sucks.

Riven reskinned into Saber with Lux ult... SO MUCH WANT
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#43P00DGEPosted 11/27/2012 6:16:46 PM
They won't get in trouble for doing this, they did the same thing with Team Fortress 2 and got away with it.

At any rate, while it is a shameless copy, I DO like the idea of seeing Shrek, Edward Elric and Mickey Mouse beating the piss out of each other in a Moba. I love crossovers of franchises, even the non-legal ones. It is just too bad the voiceovers are in chinese and suck.
#44BelligeroPosted 11/27/2012 6:18:23 PM
Hahaha. Silly Chinese developers.
---
I'm bad at LoL.
#45End_of_DayPosted 11/27/2012 6:19:30 PM
inb4this is a research topic and neon screen = ZQ Games china-man spy, sent here to find out what would make Americans ditch LoL for 300
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#46zeppelin312Posted 11/27/2012 6:21:02 PM
Wait, people think China cares about copyright laws?
#47UnderwaterAirPosted 11/27/2012 6:23:12 PM
I always did keep saying they should do an anime MOBA. Would win it all. >_>
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#48LithspPosted 11/27/2012 6:31:23 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
Wait, people think China cares about copyright laws?

^ This.

China DGAF.

Also I could only watch like 20 seconds of the first clip because I just can't bear to hear it in anything but English. If ever an English teaser is released, hit me up.

Not interested in hearing any other language though, I don't know what they're saying, they're probably picking on me.
---
[]Signature[]
#49beedtrackerPosted 11/27/2012 6:35:34 PM
So it's Fight of Characters from dota1? No Naraku, goku, Enel area, that kid in blue with the knife, gin, luffy, gilgamesh, and I don't remember the rest.
---
Halo4 is a gothamcityimpostors clone, which is not a good thing at all
#50GoldenFantasyPosted 11/27/2012 8:06:11 PM
beedtracker posted...
So it's Fight of Characters from dota1? No Naraku, goku, Enel area, that kid in blue with the knife, gin, luffy, gilgamesh, and I don't remember the rest.

Don't you mean Warcraft III?
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks