So are DotA 2 pros just more ballsy than LoL pros?

#11magnusblitzPosted 11/27/2012 11:10:25 PM
The different pick/ban system might also play a part.
#12samuricexPosted 11/27/2012 11:14:24 PM
What's DotA2?
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#13DiortePosted 11/27/2012 11:17:46 PM
LMAO DotA has pros? How sad...
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLgv9lJ9jE
#14Master CilanderPosted 11/27/2012 11:32:15 PM(edited)
Diorte posted...

Such a stupid comment.

Scarra is on record saying this game is less competitive than Dota because its itemization is too simple, its champ unlocking system is a barrier to competitive play, etc. and you think it's sad a superior game has a competitive scene.

xd
---
Neutral but not impartial.
#15HyoozPosted 11/27/2012 11:31:08 PM
Diorte posted...

Not sure if serious...
---
("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
..v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
#16DiortePosted 11/27/2012 11:47:13 PM
Sorry, what's the point of being a self-proclaimed pro at that game again? Getting neckbeards to watch you or something?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLgv9lJ9jE
#17mrg59Posted 11/27/2012 11:50:07 PM
Master Cilander posted...
Diorte posted...

Such a stupid comment.

Scarra is on record saying this game is less competitive than Dota because its itemization is too simple, its champ unlocking system is a barrier to competitive play, etc. and you think it's sad a superior game has a competitive scene.

xd

Couple things wrong here. Being less competitive is a 100% opinionated comment. There is no way to prove either is more competitive. Dota 2 has more complex item system with more choices required, so its more competitive, you say? Well what if I say that in LoL you follow a much more restricted item set for your role, so you wind up having the same items, so the fight just comes down to pure player skill at the game, so that makes it more competitive? Both sides have their merits. The only thing wrong would be to assume you're right in one of them and the other is wrong.

And I'd like to point out that in the modern world, the blood of the world is money. $$$. LoL makes more money than any other MOBA. I therefor consider it to be superior to any other MOBA. I don't support games that don't have a big following and don't make a lot of money because who wants to support something that's not going to last. Better (opinionated again, not measurable) gameplay != superior game.

Go check out Firefly, one of the most entertaining sci-fi series ever created, yet it didn't do well enough for the network and they cut it. Compare that to Jersey Shore, which the cornerstone behind why I want a job outside of the USA when I get my degree this year. No matter how 'good' you think either show is, Jersey Shore is superior to Firefly in the modern world.

For people too stupid to read more than 3 lines: TL;DR: LoL makes more money than dota2 (and is therefor superior to it), and Jersey Shore is better than Firefly according to modern society.
#18th3nobodi3sPosted 11/27/2012 11:51:24 PM
more balanced
less champions
higher skill cap
#19neon screenPosted 11/28/2012 12:07:35 AM

What are you even arguing about
#20Shadowshiek69Posted 11/28/2012 12:20:19 AM
Well of course DOTA 2 would have pros. DOTA 2 already has had 2 tournaments in which the winners won 1 million dollars. I believe LoL has only had 1 such tournament.
---
I want to be the very best.