Am I playing Kennen wrong?

#1shadyelfPosted 11/28/2012 8:37:29 AM
I like to get Zhonya's relatively early and rush in first or second then ult and W. Then I either run out if I can or I activate Zhonya's but I usually end up too weak to continue fighting or dead after that. End result is that the enemy team has blown most everything on me and is scattered and my team usually cleans up. My score is usually 4/4/18 or something like that. Only time I end up with scores like 7/0 are when I roam a lot which I don't really think is one of his strengths.
---
?
#2mrich528Posted 11/28/2012 8:39:49 AM
i like to rush rylai's get dat slow and just own everyone go like 25/0 every game gG
---
Current games: GW2: CaptainBojangles. Steam (CSS,TF2,L4D2): randy marsh, LoL: CaptainBojangles
#3MastaOOPSPosted 11/28/2012 8:41:23 AM
mrich528 posted...
i like to rush rylai's get dat slow and just own everyone go like 25/0 every game gG

What's your max order?
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#4centurion911Posted 11/28/2012 9:05:30 AM
R>W>Q>E because once you get the 3rd rank in W it comes off CD quicker than your mark times out on them allowing you to chain Ws for free harass
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#5zynnkPosted 11/28/2012 9:17:45 AM
Don't W until all the people in your R has been marked. Either way I think Rylai before hourglass is better since it gives a big chunk of HP anyways and the slow is more useful. Regardless what people say, I don't think Kennen should be initiating, you should aim to be going in right after the initiation such as malphite ult, amumu ult, orianna ult etc.
---
Ultimate Weight Loss Solution ---------- Decapitation
#6WFG_ElitestPosted 11/28/2012 9:45:36 AM
It just all depends on what you're trying to do. Kennen is very similar to Tristana in where you want to make sure that you're getting to level 16~ asap. Kennen needs to get to level 16 to fully utilize his ult. For the most part though, you need to make sure that you're building to win your lane. If you feel like you can harass easily, you should build 2x doran's blades for the extra damage on auto attacks and health. If you think you're too squishy and susceptible to auto attacks for some reason, doran's shield is great. You want to stay in lane for as long as you can to soak up experience. If you're mid, revolver is really good to have because you can just hit your big wraith with your Q and get a free 50 health or so.
---
twitch.tv/elitest
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 11/28/2012 9:58:05 AM
You're playing it alright. If you want more kills go a squishier but higher damage route and play safer. Things like Haunting Guise or even Deathcap.

I like the Zhonya's rush myself. Zhonya's baiting is one of my favorite things to do. You go in, blow your cooldowns and they think you're a sitting duck. They go in on you, you press your gold button, they die to your team or to you when you stop being gold and have your cds back up.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#8Mogu_MoguPosted 11/28/2012 10:33:22 AM
sorc boots -> revolver -> rylais -> deathcap -> abyssal/zhonya/wota/voidstaff

A few other items more situational than those listed.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#9killa123145Posted 11/28/2012 10:40:09 AM
Kennen is also amazing at re initiating. For example, amumu initiates, then you run in and stun them all. If you run in first, you blow up and die. If you run in second, everything dies. Play kennen a lot and you will understand when to run in/ not run in.

As for skill order, I like Q>W>E, however W>Q>E is also very good. Consider your team comp/ how well you all work together for this. W for teamfights, Q for laning/ skirmishes.

Items, I really like Revolver, Rylais, Deathcap. Abyssal/ Zhonyas for fourth item to counter which enemy is doing more damage or has more threat on you.