Wasn't S3 supposed to "shake up the meta?"

#1DiortePosted 11/28/2012 11:35:30 AM
I see absolutely nothing different happening in PBE every time I play. Still bruisers top, APs mid, AD carry/support bot, whatever in the jungle. What's actually different now?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLgv9lJ9jE
#2Walker_RealPosted 11/28/2012 11:37:51 AM
The meta isn't just what characters lane where =_=

The game wants a stronger emphasis on vision control and the laning phase to prevent roamers. The meta shake up is supposed to add wards and vision control and have early game less reliant on the jungle's ganks.

Also I don't PBE, but they also wanted to change roles in terms of how much action Support get and how they gain gold to keep it more interesting.

Lastly, itemization is part of the meta as well, and it's clearly undergoing the most changes. It seems active ability items are the name of the season 3 game.
#3Hell0nEarthPosted 11/28/2012 11:39:00 AM
Most people won't be in teams with people they know. That makes it much harder to try something new. I doubt they'd know what to try anyway.
Wait for the pros to show off their new tactics in tournaments.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#4Sid_IcarusPosted 11/28/2012 11:41:58 AM
Things aren't suppose to change immediately. That's not how things work.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#5EDumeyPosted 11/28/2012 11:42:23 AM
Not shaken up from the direction we were already heading, but the new items and masteries are very much supporting more aggressive playstyles, with more offensive options and defensive options being (supposedly) more expensive.

We're been coming into more aggressive bot lanes and mids for a long while now, but the changes will really push that into being. They're also trying to bring back control/aggressive junglers instead of the tons of gp/10 utility junglers that have gotten popular.

Also, you lack an understanding of what meta is. Nothing they do is going to change lane roles, because that's what is optimal.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 11/28/2012 11:43:43 AM
Sid_Icarus posted...

This x 1000
---
And then John was a zombie.
#7DeadpooL7Posted 11/28/2012 12:35:25 PM
Hell0nEarth posted...

Wait for the pros to show off their new tactics in tournaments.

Bingo... Most players (those on PBE even more so) arent smart enough to discover the best combos and things to take advantage of.

Youre going to have to wait for them to see it done first and then try to copy. The pros they will be copying dont really play on the PBE much so they havent gotten a hold of the changes yet nor were they interested in learning them with tournaments still using the old patch.

After all youre not going to practice using the new changes for a match that doesnt use them.
#8CovenantPosted 11/28/2012 12:58:08 PM(edited)
Walker_Real posted...

This.

Sid_Icarus posted...

And this.

DeadpooL7 posted...
Bingo... Most players (those on PBE even more so) arent smart enough to discover the best combos and things to take advantage of.

And lastly this.

A summary of what you don't seem to understand about the metagame.

1. It has many parts. Lane deployment is only one of them. Champion choices and item choices are others which will surely see significant changes. Also, professional players are already mixing up lanes and have been, to some extent, for at least a year.

2. The metagame is developed through time-consuming experimentation. It takes time to discover new ideas and it takes more time on top of that for the ideas to reach the general populace.

3. People on PBE aren't experimenting in any meaningful way. They aren't playing against players of the same skill level and they don't have the game sense to understand how things work against players of the same skill level based on PBE testing. The meta is shaped by intelligent people, which the PBE tends to have an even lower ratio of than the live environment as the people who are good enough at the game and smart enough to develop new strategies aren't likely to spend a lot of time on the PBE.
#9supershadonicPosted 11/28/2012 1:06:58 PM
Here's entire Season 3 Item list... I'm sure we'll see too many different buiids and too many new tactics. For example... Sword of the Divine active is 100% Critical chance and 100% for 3 secs or 3 attacks... even this is to replace Phantom Dancer preference which is the normal best considered choice for critical AS item. In teamfights 1st 3 hits will always be critical and with max AS.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22382-pbe-changes-for-11-15-season-3-items-patch-nami

Take a look at this list.... many characters are going to try new builds and many of those new builds might even give new roles to some characters.
#10Camel-RiderPosted 11/28/2012 1:18:51 PM

this
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider