Wasn't S3 supposed to "shake up the meta?"

#21KyleizALIVEPosted 11/28/2012 9:45:00 PM
Duath posted...
I'm playing on the Test server with the New patch and people are playing the same!? WTF!!1!!!!

Assumptions are fun.
---
LoL: UpToSixteen
"I feel like hybrid Ez would enjoy double penetration" - DiplomacySC
#22CovenantPosted 11/28/2012 10:09:37 PM
aibohphobia posted...
roit doesn't really want to shake up the meta though. nearly all of these items cement roles even further

at least they attempt to reintegrate some of the underplayed builds (hurricane for on-hit) but it really is not riot's true goal to change the simple to understand and play meta, no matter what their PR team says

Riot has already explicitly stated that Hurricane is made to allow AD carries to itemize for area effect damage rather than single target. It isn't just an item they made for on-hit builds.

gaiaslayer posted...
Yeah items and masteries are meant to maje everyone more offensive oriented....late game that is...
At early laning phase junglers will have a harder time ganking because jungle got buffed and monsters give mroe gold. So now junglers will have to struggle to keep thei jungle safe and counter jungle the other player.

Yeah we have this now, but S3 will make this more prominent, so to sum in up:

More jungle, less ganks, shorter games

People can be more aggressive in their lanes when the jungler isn't practically guaranteed to be camping one of the lanes.
#23eco masterPosted 11/28/2012 10:10:40 PM
Still bruisers top, APs mid, AD carry/support bot, whatever in the jungle

And you'll continue to see that for months even if a different optimal setup emerges. People don't want to change.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#24shadyelfPosted 11/28/2012 10:15:30 PM
I think a Red said that if they made it so different lane comps were viable you'd have less champs per lane that were viable. They'd rather keep the current lane comp but have more variety within each lane.

And I've begun to see a lot of people taking bruisers mid. I feel like more AP champs that can lane top will change things somewhat because right now the manaless APs and a few mana APs like Elise are the only ones who can go top (and do well most of the time). Add more top lane viable APs and we might see bruisers mid more often, or people will let AD assassins like Talon and Kha'zix go mid more often without ******** all the time.
---
?
#25aibohphobiaPosted 11/29/2012 12:16:38 PM
Covenant posted...
Riot has already explicitly stated that Hurricane is made to allow AD carries to itemize for area effect damage rather than single target. It isn't just an item they made for on-hit builds.

because everything works out the way riots sells it

...well at least after a patch or two when the community does something rito doesnt expect
---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa
#26CovenantPosted 11/29/2012 1:29:28 PM
aibohphobia posted...
because everything works out the way riots sells it

...well at least after a patch or two when the community does something rito doesnt expect

Yeah, it turns out game design is an iterative process. Go figure.

You were speaking to their intent and were simply wrong.
#27aibohphobiaPosted 11/29/2012 3:11:01 PM
Covenant posted...
You were speaking to their intent and were simply wrong.

that is because I can't think of any real reasons for a carry to build hurricane over PD or BT unless you're ashe (even then you have volley) or maybe caitlyn

regardless of what riot intends, hurricane is going to have a much larger impact for on-hit builds then standard carries
---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa