Does siv counter Cait or does Cait counter Siv?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Does siv counter Cait or does Cait counter Siv?
3 years ago#1
Championselect says that Sivir counters cait, how-ever I have found that I always lose against a Cait when playing ADC.

Simple reason being is that her auto attack range is longer than Sivirs. So with good zoning from the support say Leona, I am constantly denied any kind of farm.

Yet just because Sivir's E blocks Cait's ult that doesnt make her a counter. Based on that logic Sivir counters just about everyone.
3 years ago#2
Sivir counters 1 skill at choice, while regaining mana.
You can spellshield her Q while she tries to harass to regain mana, you can spellshield her trap in the brush for easy mana.

However like you said Cait has nice AA range...

Though >_> Im not scared of both as I tend to find Graves / Draven a lot scarier.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
3 years ago#3
Stand back and Q farm. Scale better into late game.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
3 years ago#4
Stop saying a champ counters another champ.
3 years ago#5
Infinite boomerangs, yo.
---
For who could ever...?
3 years ago#6
That's not true.

Siv's advantage is that yordle snap traps, the Q shot and her ult can ALL be blocked by her spell shield.

All of these moves are explicitly played out, I can always activate Nocturne's shield before a Cait Q hits me. It's the fact that Cait's moves have obvious indicators.
3 years ago#7
Siv will have a bigger burst, Cait will have better sustained damage. It all boils down to play style and who outplays who.
3 years ago#8
Also spell shielding and walking into the bush is smart to take out yordles
3 years ago#9
Sivir can spellshield and walk into Cait's W's for mana as well.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
3 years ago#10
Melvinrules posted...
Championselect says that Sivir counters cait, how-ever I have found that I always lose against a Cait when playing ADC.

Simple reason being is that her auto attack range is longer than Sivirs. So with good zoning from the support say Leona, I am constantly denied any kind of farm.

Yet just because Sivir's E blocks Cait's ult that doesnt make her a counter. Based on that logic Sivir counters just about everyone.

If Sivir has a good initiating support then Cait will die in a duel. Sivir has dat burst.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Does siv counter Cait or does Cait counter Siv?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived