Does siv counter Cait or does Cait counter Siv?

#1MelvinrulesPosted 11/28/2012 3:17:24 PM
Championselect says that Sivir counters cait, how-ever I have found that I always lose against a Cait when playing ADC.

Simple reason being is that her auto attack range is longer than Sivirs. So with good zoning from the support say Leona, I am constantly denied any kind of farm.

Yet just because Sivir's E blocks Cait's ult that doesnt make her a counter. Based on that logic Sivir counters just about everyone.
#2Dark VaporeonPosted 11/28/2012 3:18:55 PM
Sivir counters 1 skill at choice, while regaining mana.
You can spellshield her Q while she tries to harass to regain mana, you can spellshield her trap in the brush for easy mana.

However like you said Cait has nice AA range...

Though >_> Im not scared of both as I tend to find Graves / Draven a lot scarier.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#3SorrySleepingPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:07 PM
Stand back and Q farm. Scale better into late game.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#4nateweiPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:15 PM
Stop saying a champ counters another champ.
#5anilEhilatedPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:39 PM
Infinite boomerangs, yo.
---
For who could ever...?
#6Walker_RealPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:40 PM
That's not true.

Siv's advantage is that yordle snap traps, the Q shot and her ult can ALL be blocked by her spell shield.

All of these moves are explicitly played out, I can always activate Nocturne's shield before a Cait Q hits me. It's the fact that Cait's moves have obvious indicators.
#7MlREFOXPosted 11/28/2012 3:20:02 PM
Siv will have a bigger burst, Cait will have better sustained damage. It all boils down to play style and who outplays who.
#8Walker_RealPosted 11/28/2012 3:20:07 PM
Also spell shielding and walking into the bush is smart to take out yordles
#9_HeXPosted 11/28/2012 3:20:22 PM
Sivir can spellshield and walk into Cait's W's for mana as well.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#10centurion911Posted 11/28/2012 3:21:04 PM
Melvinrules posted...
Championselect says that Sivir counters cait, how-ever I have found that I always lose against a Cait when playing ADC.

Simple reason being is that her auto attack range is longer than Sivirs. So with good zoning from the support say Leona, I am constantly denied any kind of farm.

Yet just because Sivir's E blocks Cait's ult that doesnt make her a counter. Based on that logic Sivir counters just about everyone.

If Sivir has a good initiating support then Cait will die in a duel. Sivir has dat burst.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."