You've been playing Talon wrong

#1Stalky24Posted 11/29/2012 5:39:38 AM
I mean yes, he is awesome AD assassin, but his problem is, well, that he is AD assassin,
But it got me thinking. His sustained damage is not all that bad. He can be built differently, not around burst, but around sustained damage and utility (which he got a lot of).

My new core item on him is Frozen Mallet. +10% on AA is not that huge, but the bonus damage rises as more attacks land. Along with Rake and Cutthroat, nobody is ever getting away. And with enough health, he lives long enough to build up this advantage.
Also, boost by passive + Cutthroat makes even with little AD your AA hurt.

My full new core on him is Brutalizer/Frozen Mallet/Frozen Heart/Mercs (+Maw if their AP is too scary even with your silence), giving me enough tankiness to survive and enough damage to matter.

I dont go all-in with Talon, hoping to get a kill. Now I peel off enemies, protect and disrupt. I wont let enemies touch my carries, but I wont let their carries to get away.

Tip for top-lane: Noxian Diplomacy leveled before Rake in some matchups is better, because it provides constant ticking of Dot on enemy, which can either scare him a little, or he ignores it and underestimates your ticking on him and loses. Win-win. Also, it doesnt push the lane. It's mana cost is lower and cooldown gets really low with ranks. It also resets AA, which is always nice.
If you want to push hard however, level up Rake as usual.
#2SoulstrikesPosted 11/29/2012 5:42:08 AM
You think you're the first one to build this. Cute.
---
BW FC: 4384 5911 2850
#3FreshSushiPosted 11/29/2012 5:43:04 AM
So your answer is to build a slow bot when Sej or Nunu can do that w/o wasting 50k on an FM. Hahaha tip.
---
AE 2012: (Gouken), LoL: (Cho, Morde, J4), Chivalry: (Van)
Dark Souls 2, Cave Story 2 plz
#4Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 5:43:32 AM
Soulstrikes posted...

did I say that anywhere in that post?
#5G0dSlay3rPosted 11/29/2012 5:44:33 AM
These days, you completely ignore that Talon ever existed and pick Zed instead.
#6kaysa13Posted 11/29/2012 5:46:52 AM
G0dSlay3r posted...
These days, you completely ignore that Talon ever existed and pick Zed instead.

Dat AD.
---
This is a signature.
#7jepaanPosted 11/29/2012 5:47:30 AM
Stalky24 posted...
Soulstrikes posted...

did I say that anywhere in that post?

You implied everyone was building him right, so yes, kinda.
---
-
#8Suffer_NotPosted 11/29/2012 5:47:31 AM
I can't even remember the last time I saw a Talon in game. Like, I see Karma more frequently than him.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#9BurnumMasterPosted 11/29/2012 5:47:53 AM
So rather than building ad assassin build and hoping to get a kill, you instead build him to deal less damage and be less tanky than a tanky dps.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#10ssj4supervegetaPosted 11/29/2012 6:02:13 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
So rather than building ad assassin build and hoping to get a kill, you instead build him to deal less damage and be less tanky than a tanky dps.

the idea is that his general kit would make it an ok option. not going too far into either category (tanky dps or assassin) it's not like it's a terrible idea. and worth a try or 2.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!