Tried to get my first ranked game of the season in... twice

#1Devil D 911Posted 11/29/2012 10:25:17 AM
First time- people all express their comfortability with roles, me being the team player do my best to fill in, thought i express that id prefer top. Someone instalocks jungle. jungle instalocks mid. mid instalocks top. I get forced to support which is okay excpet we have no ad carry.... *dodge*

Next time- First time ranked player bans shen with first pick, and insists hes going ap teemo anywhere. *facepalm*

I tell him not to ban malphite since we are first pick. He bans jax... Then they ban something. Then he first pick instalocks teemo. They instalock malphite.

Me: why didnt you pick malph and trade for teemo?

Room leader: I didnt know i could trade O_O
This is my first ranked.

*dodge*

Can i get some decent team members pleeeeease? Maybe i waited too long to do my preliminary matches :/
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||
#2AsuirPosted 11/29/2012 10:26:59 AM
Everyone has to play their first ranked match sometime.
---
Ftw!
#3DolethorPosted 11/29/2012 10:27:43 AM
Who cares if your teammates are good or not, stop dodging. If your skill is good enough, your elo will go up, good teammates or not.
---
Frankly my Dear... let's get married again.
#4angermngment101Posted 11/29/2012 10:29:03 AM
TC: I think you did the right thing by dodging.

So many times I get this gut feeling that I have to dodge, but I dont, and regret it afterwards.
---
Gamefax
#5iXCelticXiPosted 11/29/2012 10:31:37 AM
Devil D 911 posted...
First time- people all express their comfortability with roles, me being the team player do my best to fill in, thought i express that id prefer top. Someone instalocks jungle. jungle instalocks mid. mid instalocks top. I get forced to support which is okay excpet we have no ad carry.... *dodge*

Next time- First time ranked player bans shen with first pick, and insists hes going ap teemo anywhere. *facepalm*

I tell him not to ban malphite since we are first pick. He bans jax... Then they ban something. Then he first pick instalocks teemo. They instalock malphite.

Me: why didnt you pick malph and trade for teemo?

Room leader: I didnt know i could trade O_O
This is my first ranked.

*dodge*

Can i get some decent team members pleeeeease? Maybe i waited too long to do my preliminary matches :/

Why even bother dealing with swaps at such a low elo? Especially if the communication was so poor he didn't even know he could. Should have just let him ban Malph if the other big bans were made.
You're as much at fault as he is.
---
LoL IGN: TA HumblePie.
Formerly GreedyCowPuncher, Support Main.
#6POkemon_PoWeRPosted 11/29/2012 10:31:55 AM
I have a Karthus that instalocked after everyone else expressed comfortable roles, who never warded, called mia, fed Katarina and took our kills with his ult.

I had a game where Swain went top, fed a Fiora (unstoppable snowball).
I am 1/3 in ranked right now.

Everyone has to play ranked, sometimes you'll carry, sometimes you'll get carried and sometimes someone screws you over. But higher elo = better teammates (usually).
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#7Devil D 911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:33:19 AM
Thats definitely not 100 percent true. Its sickening to believe that a silver elo can carry first time ranked players and if they dont they deserve to be in elo hell. If someone is playing ranked for the first time ever, chances are they are new to match ups, and this is only confirmed by the room leader saying "im ap teemo. I can go anywhere. Im good bot"

Its hard to play with a group of people where one is totally oblivious to whats going on (he didnt even know we could trade champs, how did he get to lv 30 O_o) and the other teammates calling him noob was only making it worse.

Im a decent player, not the best obviously, but im fairly confident that if the other team knew to instalock malphite because our leader didnt, then we definitely already had the weaker team from a player standpoint. Sometime thats hard to carry.
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||
#8angermngment101Posted 11/29/2012 10:34:58 AM(edited)
Its hard to play with a group of people where one is totally oblivious to whats going on (he didnt even know we could trade champs, how did he get to lv 30 O_o) and the other teammates calling him noob was only making it worse.

You can get to 30 playing blind pick or bots.

Im not surprised.

Also, queue times are longer for draft than they are for blind pick in the lower levels.
---
Gamefax
#9BurnumMasterPosted 11/29/2012 10:35:11 AM
Everyone knows AP Teemo is Malphites counter.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#10MagiaIcePosted 11/29/2012 10:38:17 AM
TC: I think you did the right thing by dodging.

So many times I get this gut feeling that I have to dodge, but I dont, and regret it afterwards.

Yet, if I don't dodge I still have a 20% chance to carry.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the frontdoor..."~Me
Riven is my waifu.