Tried to get my first ranked game of the season in... twice

#11angermngment101Posted 11/29/2012 9:39:34 AM
Yet, if I don't dodge I still have a 20% chance to carry.

I think you exaggerate how likely you are to carry a team of bads.
---
Gamefax
#12Devil D 911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:46:29 AM
angermngment101 posted...
Yet, if I don't dodge I still have a 20% chance to carry.

I think you exaggerate how likely you are to carry a team of bads.

Thanks you very much. My problem isnt carrying a bad or two. But both times these teams were just outright dense. Im like... am i the only person in here that genuinely cares abotu other players and winning/losing as a team? I wouldnt care so much if i lost as long as we had great communication and we were all somewhat of the same skill level, but asking to carry the above players is too much for a silver. At least for now, as i do intend on getting back on the ball and getting much better.

As a side note i didnt have the time to play ranked much last season so i probably could have climbed elo past silver, if i played more.
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||
#13DiplomacySCPosted 11/29/2012 9:47:42 AM
My first game was Ribbon jungle, I killed their Lee in his jungle and camped mid a lot, Brand ended up with more kills than me after I got him a few early ones.

Second game, Irelia top, Annie mid is getting ganked and I TP mid and she gets a double kill. She goes b, goes bot and gets a double. I ended up doing well, had the most cs and a decent number of kills and assists, but Annie was like 10/2.

Apparently roaming to help your team get fed is good in Yoloq.
#14MelvinrulesPosted 11/29/2012 9:52:39 AM
TC: I think you did the right thing by dodging.

So many times I get this gut feeling that I have to dodge, but I dont, and regret it afterwards.

This.

I have now created a smurf for this purpose, and every time I get the feeling that the team I have are a bunch of idiots. I am going to dodge and do a game on my smurf account instead. If I am to play with bads, I might as-well play with guys who are relatively new to the game. (Although I did just play with a Xearth who in a 40 minute game, had 15 cs went 1/15/3 and built Beserker Greaves, Two daggers and a Kage's lucky pick.)
#15MagiaIcePosted 11/29/2012 9:59:47 AM
TC: I think you did the right thing by dodging.

So many times I get this gut feeling that I have to dodge, but I dont, and regret it afterwards.

This.

I have now created a smurf for this purpose, and every time I get the feeling that the team I have are a bunch of idiots. I am going to dodge and do a game on my smurf account instead. If I am to play with bads, I might as-well play with guys who are relatively new to the game. (Although I did just play with a Xearth who in a 40 minute game, had 15 cs went 1/15/3 and built Beserker Greaves, Two daggers and a Kage's lucky pick.)

Is it bad that I laughed extremely hard at this?
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the frontdoor..."~Me
Riven is my waifu.
#16DeadpooL7Posted 11/29/2012 11:03:48 AM
Devil D 911 posted...
Thats definitely not 100 percent true. Its sickening to believe that a silver elo can carry first time ranked players and if they dont they deserve to be in elo hell. If someone is playing ranked for the first time ever, chances are they are new to match ups, and this is only confirmed by the room leader saying "im ap teemo. I can go anywhere. Im good bot"

And guess what? The other team is first time ranked players too... Your acting like you think your team is a bunch of noobs and the other team is a bunch of pros. If youre really better than they are then your team has the huge advantage. 4 noobs and you vs 5 noobs.

Very carriable.

The other thing is your not a silver player if you cant carry yourself to silver. Just cause you can do ok once in silver doesnt mean you deserve to be there.
#17angermngment101Posted 11/29/2012 11:09:33 AM(edited)
^^^Self righteous elitist gamefaqs poster # 900.

You cant pretend like there are never times when you should dodge. Stop spouting that nonsense garbage that people like yourself believe is the Bible of LoL.
---
Gamefax
#18shrimp1992Posted 11/29/2012 11:11:21 AM
Stop dodging and carry
---
Falcons record 4-0
#19Devil D 911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:12:16 PM
DeadpooL7 posted...
Devil D 911 posted...
Thats definitely not 100 percent true. Its sickening to believe that a silver elo can carry first time ranked players and if they dont they deserve to be in elo hell. If someone is playing ranked for the first time ever, chances are they are new to match ups, and this is only confirmed by the room leader saying "im ap teemo. I can go anywhere. Im good bot"

And guess what? The other team is first time ranked players too... Your acting like you think your team is a bunch of noobs and the other team is a bunch of pros. If youre really better than they are then your team has the huge advantage. 4 noobs and you vs 5 noobs.

Very carriable.

The other thing is your not a silver player if you cant carry yourself to silver. Just cause you can do ok once in silver doesnt mean you deserve to be there.

The thing is this guy clearly has hardly played draft if he didnt know we could trade champs. Secondly the whole "if you cant carry yourself to x elo then you belong at your elo" bit is old and quite frankly unwarranted. Also i can carry myself, just not a handful of bads who dont know counterpicks and match ups
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||