Getting all the Champs

#1mystermandragonPosted 11/29/2012 12:41:17 PM
Ive been playing this game since the beginning of 2012 and i have 30 champs.
and its taken me many months and a lot of time just to get this many.

so i was wondering, how long would it take and how often would a person have to play to unlock all the champs and this is taking into account the rate at which Riot releases champs.

So i guess the question is, how long and how often would someone have to play to own all the champs until Riot releases another?
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#2DJG2009Posted 11/29/2012 1:17:45 PM(edited)
It takes about 410,000 IP to buy every champion. I don't know which 30 champions you have, but for someone starting fresh, it would take:

410,000 + 6300 every three weeks a new champion comes out.

Assuming you're above average and have a 60% win rate, and the average game goes on for 30 minutes (more games end at 20 minutes than those that extend beyond 50 minutes so I brought the average down from 40 to 30), you'll get 88 IP per win and 58 IP per loss (plus 150 for first win of the day). So, if you play 10 games a day (5 hours), you'll make 910 IP per day.

That's 19110 every three weeks. Subtract 6300 (assuming you buy the new champion every three weeks and use spare IP for old champions) and you have a surplus of 12810 every three weeks.

It would take 96 weeks (or 32 sets of "three week periods") at this rate to unlock every champion without spending any RP. So, if you want to have every champion, and don't want to spend 3360 hours to get them, you're going to have to spend money. One thing to note is that the champion bundles are extremely cost efficient (I think you get the first 40 champions for 30$ or so, and there's more than 3 6300 champions included so its better than spending that money on new champions).

I've been playing since the summer of 2010, and spent around $200-250 since then (getting a $35 RP card every three or four months), and unlocked my last champion early this year.

Edit: Reason I gave a 60% win rate is because I'm assuming you'll be playing normals mostly, and most of the people I know hover around 55%-60% win rates in normals due to the fact that normal Elo rises more slowly from what I've heard.
---
The general rule about people seems to be: "Attractive, Single, Mentally Stable," choose two.
#3SergeantGanderPosted 11/29/2012 1:17:18 PM
Or get a job at riot and pick up your loaded account.
---
Back in 'Nam I fought off a gang of lesbian hippie child-slaving jewel thieves with nothing but a magic lasso.
#4mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:58:44 PM
dam those are some big numbers unfortunately I have less time to play since i started in January. Guess i will never catch up.

ah well, spending a bit of money is cool too. If call of duty is worth 60$ i can spend at least that much on League.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#5JackDaniels1964Posted 11/29/2012 8:01:13 PM
your forgetting that riot changes champion prices, but it doesnt really matter
---
Yeah, I'm on a drug, its called Charlie ****ing Sheen
#6mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:18:57 PM
also, what bundle are u talking about that gives you 40 champs? in the client shop all the bundles only give you 20 champs, some of which i have already.
---
#7mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:56:19 AM
guise pls, i need riot to take my moneys, what is this magical bundle with 40 champs?
---
#8GainazzoPosted 11/30/2012 9:05:10 AM
Buy all bundles.
#9vermillion719Posted 11/30/2012 9:05:12 AM
mystermandragon posted...
guise pls, i need riot to take my moneys, what is this magical bundle with 40 champs?

I think what was actually being referred to is buying both of those bundles, which would give you 40 champs, assuming you don't own any of them. (Unlikely.)
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar