How can a pro team not have one item with Grievous Wounds against AP Yi?

#11MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:18:29 PM
eco master posted...
Grievous Wounds can certainly help, but as mentioned, the only way to stop AP Yi's Meditate from being so powerful is to break the channel.

Right now, I don't see myself building anything with Grievous Wounds just for Yi's Meditate. A champion with healing reduction would be nice, but if you're picking against Yi, I'd say CC would be a better goal.

Which Curse didn't have.
#12eco masterPosted 11/29/2012 7:19:30 PM
Shame on them, then. All I was getting at is that CC is more important in keeping an AP Yi in check, not GW.

Honestly, that's really bad on their part if this is true. What was the matchup?
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#13neon screenPosted 11/29/2012 7:21:52 PM
Master Yi was last pick I think

Curse was Ez, Lulu, Orianna, Kat, Maokai

M5 had Ashe, Nunu, Yi, Shen, Amumu
#14TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/29/2012 7:31:27 PM
I think people focus too much on countering one aspect of the champion and not the whole.

Yes grievous wounds helps but it doesn't really change anything. Yes heavy CC is strong but it doesn't mean you are going to get free kills on him. Kat is 'countered by CC" but that doesn't mean she is suddenly worthless just because you have it.
---
I don't always Sublime Archangle and Silverblade Paladin, but when I do, I win on the fourth turn.
#15eco masterPosted 11/29/2012 7:35:06 PM
From: TheSteelPhoenix | Posted: 11/29/2012 9:31:27 PM | #014
I think people focus too much on countering one aspect of the champion and not the whole.

I don't see a huge problem with this most of the time, as generally these focused counters work on the champion's strongest point. If you could outright counter a champion, that would be silly, so instead you look for their strengths and try to negate those. In Katarina's case, her ability to pop into a fight and deal high damage to multiple enemies is, I believe, her strongest aspect. Get rid of that, and you significantly hurt her ability to perform in big fights, which helps your team a lot.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain