Does Warwick NORMALLY curbstomp Irelia top?

#1EmoglobinPosted 11/29/2012 9:03:49 PM
So yeah, I went lanewick against an Irelia, and I massacred her. Irelia's supposed to be one of the best tops, but I just built Ninja Tabi and Frozen heart and she was doing literally no damage while I just melted her with my Q.

She died 8 times to me and I died once because their jungle Noc ganked me at low health.

Does Warwick counter her or something? Or was she just bad? Because this was pathetic
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#2TaroBubbleTeaPosted 11/29/2012 9:07:07 PM
she was bad
---
GT: WholeLottaMing
LoL: iBubbleTea | Used to be Kenny RULZ
#3DlSTURBED4282Posted 11/29/2012 9:08:39 PM
Ask yourself this: Have you ever seen a good player die 8 times in lane?
---
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/VinceYoung_10/random/fgfg018-1.jpg
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/Why%20So%20FeaRious.jpg
#4SirDanieIPosted 11/29/2012 9:09:04 PM
WW is a stronger 1v1 then Irelia.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#5TomorrowDogPosted 11/29/2012 9:12:08 PM
She probably didn't know how to handle snowballing. Did she build magic resist when she started to get behind? You're going to want that if Warwick gets a lead on you, especially if he rushed armor and doesn't give a crap about turret aggro.

But yeah, Warwick can be quite a noob stomper. You have to be mindful of his ultimate and his ability to burst heal with Q-R-Q or you're going to be faced with some surprise deaths.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6Sword_SlasherPosted 11/29/2012 9:15:47 PM
u can snowball quite easily on her
---
"I like to complain about games I've never played on online message boards." - Francis
#7professor xPosted 11/29/2012 9:24:46 PM
Don't know why people say this, but Irelia is a top laner because she do well in game AFTER laning. Irelia was never a strong laner, even before the mega nerf on her sustain. She is a farmer, her goal is to own your team after farming 3k+ gold. If you want her to actually fight while laning, she will lose to 70% of the tops, and that's before the introduction of lolwut champs like Darius and Jayce.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#8random_noobiePosted 11/29/2012 9:37:31 PM
professor x posted...
Don't know why people say this, but Irelia is a top laner because she do well in game AFTER laning. Irelia was never a strong laner, even before the mega nerf on her sustain. She is a farmer, her goal is to own your team after farming 3k+ gold. If you want her to actually fight while laning, she will lose to 70% of the tops, and that's before the introduction of lolwut champs like Darius and Jayce.

this.

irelia will only win lanes if she somehow gets ahead or outplays the other person... or if that other person picks something stupid against irelia.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#9XcZeus3469Posted 11/29/2012 9:46:21 PM
DlSTURBED4282 posted...
Ask yourself this: Have you ever seen a good player die 8 times in lane?

---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#10Rising ChaosPosted 11/30/2012 1:34:59 AM
If anything it's the other way around. Irelia is a strong laner not because she bullies everyone but because she loses to very few people. Her sustain, her stun, her ability to lasthit under turret with ease make it really easy to not lose the lane and get farmed. However, she peaks at Lv9 when her proc damage maxes out and falls off late. She's a generic meatbag with above average sticking power, thanks to her passive, but otherwise fairly unspectacular.

Does Warwick really beat anybody in lane? He is kinda like Cho in that sometimes you can outlast and start zoning weak earlygame champions with no sustain but without the raw damage to scare anyone with sustain or playing super-safe. WW is pretty good lategame against Irelia though, since his ult isn't affected by tenacity.
---
"Pokey and the man."