I'm convinced that Draaaaaven is OP.

#11dennis941012Posted 11/30/2012 5:43:21 AM
kagster123 posted...
Susan0 posted...
His range is slightly smaller than caitlyn's iirc, his ult is a gamechanger if aimed properly and positioned correctly when the blades return,

Requires an in-depth understanding of his mechanics, Specifically Q, where they are supposed to position themselves when the axe falls

He has a strong early game, if maintained, his late game is absolutely jaw dropping, but if he does fall off, he falls off hard.

Really nothing other than that iirc

Funny you should mention falling off. Had a ranked game today where enemy Ez got fb in an invade and came to lane with a ****ing vamp scepter. Between that and Taric support I couldn't harass him worth **** and me and raka just had to turret hug. Jungle + Mid ended up diving us and my team was ready to give up. I ended up convincing them to keep at it, and we eventually caught up, won team fights, and turned the game around. They ended up surrendering.

Mind you Ez had a BT at like 11 mins. That's how fed he was. Luckily I was at least able to keep up in cs. In the last team fight I caught him out of position and pawnt him 1v1. I think Draven's better at catching up just because his Q makes it that he doesn't hit like a total pansy. A Cait that gets denied though...well there's just no coming back from that. Hue.

Ez falls off worse :O and one game decides everything!
+ Ezreal's fault that he got caught

Draven
has no realiable escape
his Q mechanic might screw him during teamfight
low ranged makes him easy target
squishy + short ranged = great target for burst mages
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#12kagster123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:50:46 AM
dennis941012 posted...
kagster123 posted...
Susan0 posted...
His range is slightly smaller than caitlyn's iirc, his ult is a gamechanger if aimed properly and positioned correctly when the blades return,

Requires an in-depth understanding of his mechanics, Specifically Q, where they are supposed to position themselves when the axe falls

He has a strong early game, if maintained, his late game is absolutely jaw dropping, but if he does fall off, he falls off hard.

Really nothing other than that iirc

Funny you should mention falling off. Had a ranked game today where enemy Ez got fb in an invade and came to lane with a ****ing vamp scepter. Between that and Taric support I couldn't harass him worth **** and me and raka just had to turret hug. Jungle + Mid ended up diving us and my team was ready to give up. I ended up convincing them to keep at it, and we eventually caught up, won team fights, and turned the game around. They ended up surrendering.

Mind you Ez had a BT at like 11 mins. That's how fed he was. Luckily I was at least able to keep up in cs. In the last team fight I caught him out of position and pawnt him 1v1. I think Draven's better at catching up just because his Q makes it that he doesn't hit like a total pansy. A Cait that gets denied though...well there's just no coming back from that. Hue.

Ez falls off worse :O and one game decides everything!
+ Ezreal's fault that he got caught

Draven
has no realiable escape
his Q mechanic might screw him during teamfight
low ranged makes him easy target
squishy + short ranged = great target for burst mages

I never said one game decides everything. Sigh... when people say that it shows how narrow minded they are. I'm just going based on my experiences, and I gave my reasoning. He has 2 steroids in extra dmg from Q + passive + the ms/as boost on his W, that gets REFRESHED when he catches his axes. Compare this to Cait who has virtually nothing besides her range and will get absolutely butchered if she gets denied.

As for your list
1-a decent amount of carries have no escape. Draven's E can work in a pinch, and he has an ms boost to run away quickly if a gank is spotted before hand.
2-A good Draven never puts himself at risk of getting caught just for his Q. True, you might lose some damage, but than again remember a good Draven will try to have 2 axes ready + Q available again if teams are dancing around waiting for an engagement.
3/4 are kinda similar - you can say this about any carry besides Cait and maybe Ashe. I don't even see why you included this in your list honestly. Brb Graves and Vayne suck cause their range is short and ap carries can burst them if they're out of position.
---
Pokemon White2 FC: 2667 0066 7803
Pokemon Black FC: 3869 5254 3412
#13SlaynPosted 11/30/2012 5:52:51 AM
I am not a fan of Zilean. He is "viable" but not a great pick IMO. I have seen him picked in tournaments but not much at all. As a support he has a bomb which does very little past the first few levels and pushes the lane. His speed up/slow isn't bad but there is FAR better CC from other supports. His rewind is decent but without gold to purchase mana/regen items you can't really spam rewind/bomb without going OOM. His ult is good but without the AP you will come back at very low HP. Still good in laning phase for tower dives, etc.

He does much better as a mid because his bombs obviously are going to be effective all game long and his ult will heal for so much. I would still rather have a Karthus, Orianna, or Evelynn mid though.
#14Fenrir the WolfPosted 11/30/2012 5:59:57 AM
I don't see why Draven is "short ranged" either. He's pretty middle of the road in that aspect isn't he?
---
And then John was a zombie.
#15MogMastaPosted 11/30/2012 6:05:01 AM
Why the hell does no one get his name right? There's SIX A's. Draaaaaaven. Got it? Six A's.
---
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion
#16g-cube_mastaPosted 11/30/2012 6:20:17 AM
his laning phase is crazy awesome but his teamfighting leaves a lot to be desired compard to othe ad carries.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#17runescaper95Posted 11/30/2012 6:28:35 AM
I don't think he's OP right now but when PD gets changed to make the holder ignore unit collision then he might be.
---
"when the US wants to piss off a middle eastern country we do it with real wars not virtual ones." - Noob_of_Destiny
Gamertag: jkid1015
#18Camel-RiderPosted 11/30/2012 6:40:55 AM
He is extremely OP....

http://i46.tinypic.com/658twk.jpg

omg wtf
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#19Dark_DcPosted 11/30/2012 7:37:09 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
his laning phase is crazy awesome but his teamfighting leaves a lot to be desired compard to othe ad carries.

I dunno. My experiences has me win late game almost regardless/independent of my early game because he farms so well. I never get BT always rush IE but been reconsidering this. Either way, the AS boost for a few axes is pretty insane and I've bursted down pretty well anyone on their team pretty quick after the opening R I throw.

Not to mention if you get Taric as a support... hot damn.
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#20Fenrir the WolfPosted 11/30/2012 7:46:23 AM
BT first is the preferred route for him imo
---
And then John was a zombie.