I want to understand how many shots it would take to kill a nunu (PBE)

#1angermngment101Posted 11/30/2012 6:57:04 AM(edited)
Ok guys heres the situation:

Im on PBE server playing corki in a normal blind pick game against randoms.

I buy the Black cleaver (new)
I max out a blood thirster
I have phantom dancer
Dorans blade

How many shots would it take to kill a level 18 nunu with a maxed RoA + dorans ring + ninja tabi?

I was killing everyone else in like 3-4 shots including ziggs with zhonyas

Checking his mastery pages, he only has 2 pages, and only goes down 9 points in defense. He was so much harder to kill than anyone.

Scratching my head here.
---
Gamefax
#2ShurikoPosted 11/30/2012 6:46:14 AM
ninja tabis are roughly equal to a chain vest

given the level of skill on the PBE i'd wager to say that nobody else on their team had built any armor whatsoever
---
http://i.imgur.com/psqr8.png
#3angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:51:16 AM(edited)
given the level of skill on the PBE i'd wager to say that nobody else on their team had built any armor whatsoever

Yea, which kinda nullified my investment in the black cleaver :(

My gatling gun should bring them to 0 armor on its own.

I was honestly hoping to test it out vs a tank, but no one build armor. I expected GP to get armor at the very least.
---
Gamefax
#4MakJussPosted 11/30/2012 6:53:27 AM
angermngment101 posted...

Yea, which kinda nullified my investment in the black cleaver :(

My gatling gun should bring them to 0 armor on its own.

I was honestly hoping to test it out vs a tank, but no one build armor. I expected GP to get armor at the very least.

Gatling + Cleaver can make their armor minus , thats why they melt so quickly
#5angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:54:42 AM(edited)
btw: the new BC might become crazy good on corki

his gatling gun hits twice per second to everyone in its range.

If you are in it for 2 seconds, you are already at the 4 stacks of BC and have -20 armor from gatling gun.
---
Gamefax
#6KarmasiPosted 11/30/2012 7:26:47 AM
Have to remember that tabi's passive isn't effected by armor reduction. So that would be part of it.
#7UnderwaterAirPosted 11/30/2012 9:15:01 AM
Tanky DPS/bruisers/tanky in PBE/S3 is so OP.
This is coming from an ADC main.

I had basically a full build but it was taking me upwards of 12 shots to even kill a halfbuild Amumu. The moment he got any kind of defensive item it was impossible for me to kill him.

This is why I'm saying that onhit is either a lot more powerful (which I haven't tried out a lot yet) or the ADC is dead in S3. You can spend 35 minutes farming at bottom and be unable to do what was required for your team by killing the enemy team while your team protected you. You're better off just going a bruiser yourself because you'll have a lot more survivability with similar damage output. Just take an AD caster, build somewhat tanky, and then build some damage items with armor penetration. And bam, you're a better ADC now.

And Vayne and Kog'maw doesn't fair any easier with %health damage either. If you choose to build to be able to kill the enemy team then you die to the enemy ADC who builds x2 doran's and a Sword of the Divine. They get one good CC on you to jump in and you die or are zoned out indefinitely and now you're crying for your jungler.

It's such a rock paper scissors scheme now that it's actually much worse than S2. Oh, build to beat the enemy team by being able to kill their tanks? Die to ADC in lane who built to counter you. Oh, built to counter enemy ADC, well, now you can't kill their tanks in teamfights so enjoy feeling useless while your team fights. etcetc Enemy ADC is in the same boat you are. It's a dice throw for them also. So... death to the ADC in S3. =_=
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#8angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:17:35 AM
Survivability costs more now though.
---
Gamefax