How do i build elise top lane(struggling with late game items)

#1tweakerlimePosted 11/30/2012 9:05:09 AM
I've been having success with her top lane. I have been building sorc boots, haunting guise, and abyssal pretty much every match, but afyer them 3 items i have been winging it. For an armor item, should i go sunfire, randuins,FH, or Zhonyas?

Whats a good full build on her?
---
xbox live gt: Tweekerlime
#2mantana888Posted 11/30/2012 9:15:15 AM
Sorcs
Guise
Abyssal
GA
FH
Athene's

Last item is entirely situational. I just picked Athenes for the AP and CDR
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#3Hyper InfernoPosted 11/30/2012 9:21:13 AM
Frozen Heart is really good for the CDR. If your team is feeding you blue for some reason, you can probably go with a Randuin's instead, but generally FH is a great armor option.

Rylai's is an option to help sticking onto people late game for the rest of your team to collapse on them too.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#4funkys-flightsPosted 11/30/2012 9:25:15 AM
Idk...these builds leave her with little presence.

I like more dmg and have been botspot, dorans, rushing rylais, defensive boots vs my lane, then from there, work your way to some of the following: frozen heart, hourglass, abyssal, haunting guise, banshee's and maybe a rod of ages if you are fed early

these all depend on team comps and lane matchups. she needs good defenses but get a bit of ap on her to hit harder and make them regret ignoring you
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#5mantana888Posted 11/30/2012 9:34:57 AM
funkys-flights posted...
Idk...these builds leave her with little presence.

I like more dmg and have been botspot, dorans, rushing rylais, defensive boots vs my lane, then from there, work your way to some of the following: frozen heart, hourglass, abyssal, haunting guise, banshee's and maybe a rod of ages if you are fed early

these all depend on team comps and lane matchups. she needs good defenses but get a bit of ap on her to hit harder and make them regret ignoring you

What do you mean by "very little presence"?

The spell-pen build allows her to easily kill enemies until they have over 120 MR and 2k HP. She doesn't have amazing ratios so building her more AP-oriented isn't as strong as spell pen. Like lanewick

In my opinion, the best way to play her is as an assassin. If you want to play her as a tanky-mage, I guess it can work arlright with: RoA, Rylai, Abyssal, Zhonyas, Dcap, Mercs. But in that case why not just pick swain and do it better?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.