Diana- Super OP or is it just me??

#31g-cube_mastaPosted 11/30/2012 12:37:56 PM
Diana now has no weaknesses aside from very early laning maybe where she is still not bad.

Wow holy s--- it's almost like you can pick items in the store to build that make your champion less weak.

This is revolutionary. You might be on to something really big here.

Anyways the fact that she is still majority single target damage still holds her back.

And don't forget that her bonus burst is based upon landing her Q. Which is never a guarantee. Even if you have perfect aim people can still flash/dash/blink it.

What happens when the teamfight starts and the target(s) your Q was aiming for evade it? Risk using your ult now and put it on CD or spend time twiddling your thumbs trying not to die while you wait for Q to come up?
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#32DiortePosted 11/30/2012 12:44:48 PM
TC, you haven't even given us your ign so we can verify that you're even stomping with her. For all we know you could have been pubstomped by a Diana and just got real mad and made this stuff up.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLgv9lJ9jE
#33SlaynPosted 11/30/2012 1:09:50 PM
I have never built an ROA on Diana. Wouldn't resists work better with her shield? I usually do:

Sorcerer boots
Abyssal
Hourglass
Rabadons
Lichbane
GA
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#34Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:15:09 PM
g-cube "AoE damage dealers like Ahri,"

Yah clearly you've never played both champions because other than Ahri's R good luck hitting more than one person with her spells in tower siege. If you're hitting more than 1-2 with her Q I'm more impressed than you dealing more damage from a distance with Diana, lolol.

Whatta joke. Lemme guess that's why we see so many Ahris in competitive play instead of Dianas? OH WAIT
#35DottledPosted 11/30/2012 1:36:59 PM
Walker_Real posted...
g-cube "AoE damage dealers like Ahri,"

Yah clearly you've never played both champions because other than Ahri's R good luck hitting more than one person with her spells in tower siege. If you're hitting more than 1-2 with her Q I'm more impressed than you dealing more damage from a distance with Diana, lolol.

Whatta joke. Lemme guess that's why we see so many Ahris in competitive play instead of Dianas? OH WAIT

Serious or just a bad attempt at trolling...?
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#36SkyzPosted 11/30/2012 1:40:10 PM
The only single target spell she has is her ultimate. Everything else is AOE. Her passive. E. And Q. All hit multiple enemies.

Auto attack auto attack pull you'll probably cleave 1-3 people.
---
Skyz the limit. Try and Reach it.
#37Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:42:22 PM
Exactly what Skys said. And then the guy whos name isn't even worth learning mentions that Diana's Q is just a poke... What a joke. We're talking about "tower siege" when we're trying to deal damage at a range.

If you're going in with ult, 4/5 of your moves other than ult are AoE. 4/5. No AoE.. ya
#38_HeXPosted 11/30/2012 1:44:05 PM
Diana OP better nerf Irelia
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#39gkh5Posted 11/30/2012 1:53:54 PM(edited)
g-cube_masta posted...
Diana now has no weaknesses aside from very early laning maybe where she is still not bad.

Wow holy s--- it's almost like you can pick items in the store to build that make your champion less weak.

This is revolutionary. You might be on to something really big here.

Anyways the fact that she is still majority single target damage still holds her back.

And don't forget that her bonus burst is based upon landing her Q. Which is never a guarantee. Even if you have perfect aim people can still flash/dash/blink it.

What happens when the teamfight starts and the target(s) your Q was aiming for evade it? Risk using your ult now and put it on CD or spend time twiddling your thumbs trying not to die while you wait for Q to come up?

You keep bringing up burst. Stop worrying about her burst. Q if you have an easy shot, R onto a carry, press W, E another couple champs, Q everyone you vacuumed then get as many people as you can with your passive (which is AoE and easy to get multiple people with as you practice her more). Hourglass to remove the focus you're drawing and buy some time for your CD's. You have just done a serious amount of damage and disruption while also soaking up a lot of damage.

Everyone keeps building and playing Diana like an assassin. As soon as people realize she's better off played like Irelia or another bruiser, you'll realize she brings MUCH more to a team in every way when played like this. Yeah there are team comps that building/playing her as an assassin will work, but she is so much more effective in general when you play her like a tanky top laner, albeit using your kit to destroy mid and start snowballing early.

Edit: All I can really say is try it. Yeah burst and Nashor's and all kinds of stuff sounds like it synergizes with her so well blah blah blah. But she has more than enough burst even without building a Dcap until your 3rd or 4th item after boots. So if you're really concerned about her burst, it will still be there. Her passive is her biggest source of damage late game and the best way to maximize that source or damage is to stay alive as long as possible in the very middle of fights.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#40RevenancedPosted 11/30/2012 1:52:15 PM
.First off, RoA is an amazingly underrated item. Especially if you get it before level 12. It's a game changer especially in team fights.

Secondly, Diana isn't OP at all. I'm guessing that a large majority of people who hate Diana are overextended or just arent using the right item builds. For some reason people love to not counter build. When you do your opponents become much more manageable.

She's also a pretty solid jungler though I dont especially like her ability to gank early. It's pretty weak in comparison to other champs. She needs to build up a little.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (2Handed barb build), Halo 4, WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC