I don't understand people.

#1KarmicDragon1Posted 11/30/2012 12:09:41 PM
So I was top as jayce with a heimerdinger since it's normals and people don't know how to jungle.

During the laning phase I get 4-5 kills. The game transitions into mid game and I get another couple of easy kills when roaming. Then I get another 1 or 2 kills in teamfights, and people start crying about ksing and how I will get reported.

Needless to say, I then worry about using my abilities (at least AoEing ones) in teamfights as I don't want to accidentally ks. Then a low-health Kha'zix kills three people on my team and since we're losing the teamfight pretty badly I retreat. Then people start raging about how I'm an idiot for not focusing Kha'zix. Later in the game (since I was pretty fed and built quite tanky), I stay in a really bad teamfight and since I see Jax coming in on the minimap, I go ahead and try to get the enemies as low as possible. I die, and Jax swoops in and gets a quadra kill. My team? "lol noob Jayce died, Jax is so pro!" and "nice u got a quadra all by urself!" and I... I just don't understand people. At all.

Like, how are you supposed to play this game? Getting kills is wrong, assisting is wrong,
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#2MagiaIcePosted 11/30/2012 12:11:15 PM
People are stupid.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the frontdoor..."~Me
Riven is my waifu.
#3woogieePosted 11/30/2012 12:21:28 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I then worry about using my abilities (at least AoEing ones) in teamfights as I don't want to accidentally ks.

Don't do this. Ever. If your team is crying KS tell them to learn to play the game and just continue doing what you are doing.
---
"I defeated a raccoon! SCIENCE!" - M.O.D.O.K.
http://tinyurl.com/grownassmen
#4_RaveMaster_Posted 11/30/2012 12:22:24 PM
There's no kill steal in LoL anyone who says else wise is a liar. Also their mother is the mother of a liar (thought I'd throw that out there). Anyway ks actually stands for kill secure and is greatly appreciated by all teams. A kill is a kill regardless of who gets it, it benefits your team greatly by the fact you're up in numbers which is always hugeeeeeee advantage regardless of who got the kill. With that said, if you're playing support (blitz,sona,lulu, leona) whatever, and got a stun/pull off on the ADC and drop them to half a bar of health remaining and the their support is way out of position, it's usually very beneficial to just stop attacking and let your ADC get the kill. If your ADC can't kill someone with like 50 hp left thats out of position and not near their tower, then gg your teammate is stupid and at which point I no longer set up kills for my ADC and just proceed to carry my team as a support.

TLDR; ks = kill secure, it's nice to let your ADC/more important roles get kills but getting kills is more important than not getting kills. You're Jayce anyway anyone who was complaining on your team is a moron.
---
~Rave
#5TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/30/2012 12:22:36 PM
Just have to mute idiots like that. If they're not doing well they'll find anything to complain about to make it so it's not their fault. They're good no matter what, you're obviously ruining their perfection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes."
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#6xDarknezzxPosted 11/30/2012 12:22:44 PM
karmicdragon topic but hes right, i ve been playing on a noob account lately and people are insane about ksing
#7Shivan999999999Posted 11/30/2012 12:31:34 PM(edited)
Inb4 It's a Karmic post ( Ninja'ed :[ )

In all seriousness, i just don't get what some people are thinking when they play this game. I'm level 27, i prefer to play bots (not that great a player really) because of situations like this.

I try to play with players and learn to get better in bind pick normals, make one mistake and you'll get harassed all game. They make a mistake? Still your fault.

Heck, one Intermed bot game i was Blitz ganking to feed our ADC, Fid who was failing jungle went to gank bot lane between the towers or something and got caught by Bot Cho midway between lanes. he loses, and blames me for not being map aware. Assuming i could have made it from their first tower to him and he was alive, sure, my fault for being poor at map awareness. Realistically, i would have made it there in time to /d on his corpse :/

He then proceeds to spend the game degrading me for it, saying i should only play beginner bots. Fid ends like 3/4/7, i end 14/5/17. I took the high road, apologized and hoped if reported, people actually read chat.

But seriously, It's not like Intermeds pose a real threat if 1 or 2 team members have higher brain function.

TL;DR - I agree, the player base in this game seems overwhelmingly toxic in situations that really don't deserve it.
---
For like a bean burrito, I shall return!
#8FlameLord23Posted 11/30/2012 12:32:17 PM
Shivan999999999 posted...
TL;DR - I agree, the player base in this game seems overwhelmingly toxic.

Fixed.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#9Shivan999999999Posted 11/30/2012 12:33:45 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
Shivan999999999 posted...
TL;DR - I agree, the player base in this game seems overwhelmingly toxic.

Fixed.

I didn't want to be that broad being only level 27, but it certainly does seem that way sometimes :/
---
For like a bean burrito, I shall return!
#10chicostickPosted 11/30/2012 12:46:52 PM
by chance, was heimer the one calling you a kser?

Because I've had 2 different heimers call me that this past week.