Why doesn't League make a real support hero.

#1norush19minutesPosted 11/30/2012 1:07:42 PM
Get rid of Soraka

*Can't attack at all
*Only has healing and buff spells.

Steal a page from Empath from Enfo's MT

Basic design but incredibly fun to play and you'll feel like you're actually supporting for once.
#2Nowe242Posted 11/30/2012 1:09:43 PM
The only new support we need is Angus.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2342104
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#3Rookie_JetPosted 11/30/2012 1:10:53 PM
inb4 because League doesn't have heroes.
#4norush19minutes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:11:57 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...

Yes it does
#5CheezWhizXPosted 11/30/2012 1:12:47 PM
But the League doesn't have any heroes.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#6Rookie_JetPosted 11/30/2012 1:14:51 PM(edited)
norush19minutes posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...

Yes it does

I personally don't care, but some will argue that LoL has champs, not heroes. The same folks will bother to say they have minions, not creeps, thus there is no such thing as "cs" in League. :-P

EDIT: Did I just get gotten? smh at myself...
#7GevaudenPosted 11/30/2012 1:21:56 PM
Soraka can attack.....do you know how dangerous a banana on the floor is? Final Destination Dangerous
---
good, let the hatred flow through you. waste more of your own time. yes...good
#8MizunoRyuuPosted 11/30/2012 1:29:13 PM
Soraka has a spammable AoE shred and a free silencing nuke, both of which have painful AP ratios. She's not terribly offensive, but she can dish out damage well enough to be a threat, and with other AP carries, they do that much more damage thanks to Starcall's shred. That's not considering her high ratio heals too. She's both deadly and a lifesaver, what more can you want?

Oh, and Empath is the second HoN hero I played after Andromeda, and she's my favourite. So ridiculously fun *_*

Though, the way LoL works is that they actually worry about broken mechanics, and have game balance at the heart of their designs, so nobody has any ridiculous moves that can instawin a game (inb4 Amumu's ult).

In Hon, they're just like, "5 second AoE stun on short cooldown? Okay, let's just make it cost an arm and a leg in mana, that'll make it balanced and fair."
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#9chicostickPosted 11/30/2012 1:33:14 PM
Nowe242 posted...
The only new support we need is Angus.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2342104

Part of his passive should read "Cait's (and Nid's) Traps have no effect on Angus"
#10Rookie_JetPosted 11/30/2012 1:38:47 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Soraka has a spammable AoE shred and a free silencing nuke, both of which have painful AP ratios. She's not terribly offensive, but she can dish out damage well enough to be a threat, and with other AP carries, they do that much more damage thanks to Starcall's shred. That's not considering her high ratio heals too. She's both deadly and a lifesaver, what more can you want?

Oh, and Empath is the second HoN hero I played after Andromeda, and she's my favourite. So ridiculously fun *_*

Though, the way LoL works is that they actually worry about broken mechanics, and have game balance at the heart of their designs, so nobody has any ridiculous moves that can instawin a game (inb4 Amumu's ult).

In Hon, they're just like, "5 second AoE stun on short cooldown? Okay, let's just make it cost an arm and a leg in mana, that'll make it balanced and fair."

TC's probably trolling so I wouldn't worry about responding seriously to him.

Off topic, HoN seems more balanced than LoL. CC in people's kits seem to be less common. They make up for it by having items that CC for anyone to have access to if they choose. For example, sheepstick, and to a slightly lesser extent stormspirit, hellflower, and tablet of command, is good for almost any intelligence hero and a few extra after that. Bash is good for many carries. Also, everyone has access to a blink or stealth if they want via items.

All League has is a gunblade which is core on few and situational on fewer. They have two regen reductions on items. For the most part, CC will come from slightly imbalanced champ kits.