My friend and I are starting to duo bot as Graves/Taric.

#1wanderer918Posted 11/30/2012 1:38:42 PM
We seem to be doing incredibly well so far (but that is probably because we are duoing pre-30), but I was wondering if anyone here has any advice for our duo comp. So far he just heals me, and when his shield thing is up he stuns adc, breaks shield on them while I attack. That is about as far as our strategy goes at this point.

Any tips? Other adc/support combos we should be wary of?
---
Can't think of a sig.
#2xRustySpoonPosted 11/30/2012 1:51:09 PM
Taric/Graves real stronk.

Just a few tips: In order to get maximum efficiency out of the Shatter armor reduction, wait until after Taric uses it to fire off Graves' Q and Ult. (I'm pretty bad about jumping too early)

You can also put a second point into smoke screen so you can clear the caster minions with a Buckshot + Smokescreen combo.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#3wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:54:08 PM
xRustySpoon posted...

Just a few tips: In order to get maximum efficiency out of the Shatter armor reduction, wait until after Taric uses it to fire off Graves' Q and Ult. (I'm pretty bad about jumping too early)

You can also put a second point into smoke screen so you can clear the caster minions with a Buckshot + Smokescreen combo.

Oh ya I seem to just go all out soon as I see the stun land. Never thought smokescreen would be good at clearing due to its low damage, and never put a point into it until teamfights start to break out. Will definitely have to try it, thanks.
---
Can't think of a sig.
#4VoidgolemPosted 11/30/2012 1:55:21 PM(edited)
Welcome to winning.

Insofar as combinations to be wary of: Basically if the other team beats you to Taric/Graves, or runs Leona with a carry that doesn't suck early on.

Other than that most lanes are a cakewalk.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#5ryudo500Posted 11/30/2012 1:55:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:57:58 PM
Voidgolem posted...
Welcome to winning.

Insofar as combinations to be wary of: Basically if the other team beats you to Taric/Graves, or runs Leona with a carry that doesn't suck early on.

Other than that most lanes are a cakewalk.

Haha thanks, nice to win for a change. Awesome, I'll be on the lookout for Leona.
---
Can't think of a sig.
#7SoulknightX0Posted 11/30/2012 1:58:59 PM
wanderer918 posted...
xRustySpoon posted...

Oh ya I seem to just go all out soon as I see the stun land. Never thought smokescreen would be good at clearing due to its low damage, and never put a point into it until teamfights start to break out. Will definitely have to try it, thanks.

You actually want to go QEQWQR for the first 6 levels. The smokescreen actually screws over the aa trading capabilities of any ranged ADs in lane trades, and I believe caster minions as well, and serves as an aoe slow.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#8wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:02:55 PM
SoulknightX0 posted...

You actually want to go QEQWQR for the first 6 levels. The smokescreen actually screws over the aa trading capabilities of any ranged ADs in lane trades, and I believe caster minions as well, and serves as an aoe slow.

The hidden usefulness of smokescreen I never realized. So if I try initiating and they actually fight instead of running use it. Would it be worth using it to stop them from last hitting, or is that just asking for oom?
---
Can't think of a sig.
#9VoidgolemPosted 11/30/2012 2:04:14 PM
if nothing else it's another bit of aoe damage to throw at people, with a slow, too.

wouldn't do much harass with it unless you're poking dudes under their tower, though.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#10SoulknightX0Posted 11/30/2012 2:06:38 PM
wanderer918 posted...
SoulknightX0 posted...

The hidden usefulness of smokescreen I never realized. So if I try initiating and they actually fight instead of running use it. Would it be worth using it to stop them from last hitting, or is that just asking for oom?

It's a better disengage, using it to stop the last hits does work, but it's a huge waste of mana especially considering how much you'll be using QER as graves normally.

It's really good for stopping jungle ganks as well.

The best way if you haven't been in smokescreen yet is to think that it's a reverse brush. You can see into the smoke but they can't see outside of it.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/