Shouldn't Xerath go somewhere like top?

#1JunDagekiPosted 11/30/2012 1:41:14 PM
Because his passive is useless in mid lane... his passive sounds like he would do great in top but i have never tried it. if he were in Top he would still go full AP and get his defenses against those AD casters so he wouldn't be so squishy, while he also do some good magic damage on them making the tankers armor useless unless they build magic res.

idk, i think it's a good idea but im still a nub in this so idk, what do you guys think?
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#2BurnumMasterPosted 11/30/2012 1:41:55 PM
No sustain
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#3aHappySackaPosted 11/30/2012 1:44:16 PM
No escapes, needs to build AP first to get armour, pretty mana heavy, poking the lane opponent can easily push the lane, and finally he is hard countered by sustain.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4SkyzPosted 11/30/2012 1:46:18 PM
No. He'd get destroyed top. By everyone. And junglers would free farm him.
---
Skyz the limit. Try and Reach it.
#5TimeBeardPosted 11/30/2012 1:48:15 PM
AP tops are generally manaless so that they can poke out the top from lane. Or at least have the sustain or abilities to out maneuver the usual tops like swain or ryze. Xerath would just get bum rushed from level one and be forced out of lane. Additionally, mids dont tend to buy MR early as they're focusing on damage, but tops will have no problem buying it since it goes into their builds easily.
---
I can only wonder if unicorns taste like magic.
#6Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/30/2012 1:50:59 PM
I think they just need to rework his passive. I mean if they made it into magic resist then I guess he's be op in mid lane but there's got to be something to balance him and give him a new passive. Maybe a magic regen passive? Maybe give him move speed? Armor just doesn't work in mid lane though I guess it does help later on in teamfights even if your rarely near the enemy team unless going for a easy kill or are over fed and it doesn't matter.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#7VoidgolemPosted 11/30/2012 1:51:00 PM
Why is everyone suddenly interested in Xerath.

moreover why are they interested in ways to use him that are likely to end in awful.

stop that.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#8Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/30/2012 1:53:16 PM(edited)

moreover why are they interested in ways to use him that are likely to end in awful.

stop that.

He's free to play right now.

Also what's wrong with being interested in a underplayed champ? I'm guessing your a Xerath player who doesn't want a lot of other people to play him as well?
---
#9reaver89Posted 11/30/2012 1:53:29 PM
Voidgolem posted...

stop that.

Probably because he's free and mainly because the start of team select for every match is a fight for mid, so it's just easier to try and find another place for the character that you want to play.

I still want someone to try it and tell me first-hand that it sucks.
#10Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/30/2012 1:56:26 PM
Voidgolem posted...

stop that.

Probably because he's free and mainly because the start of team select for every match is a fight for mid, so it's just easier to try and find another place for the character that you want to play.

I still want someone to try it and tell me first-hand that it sucks.

Honestly though the only way I see him working up top is if you were to stick by your turret and farm under it and get jungler help. I don't see Xerath beating a bruiser in top lane. They'll just build some magic resist early and you won't have the poke or burst to get rid of them fast enough before your mana runs out.
---