Diana build mid... what do?

#1alcaPWNED212Posted 11/30/2012 3:04:14 PM
It seems like there are way too many items that would work well for her. I mean of course Deathcap is core, but other than that.. there's

RoA
Rylais
Void Staff
Nashor's
Malady
Lichbane
Abyssal
Grail
GA
Zhonya's
WotA
DFG

I mean is there a core on her? Also, What is everyone's opinion on Nashor's tooth and/or malady?

And is it wise to go RoA and Rylias?
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#2aHappySackaPosted 11/30/2012 3:07:27 PM
Usually it's the standard MR shredding build, this is what I use myself.

Rush Sorc boots and get a dorans or 2
Haunting Guise
Abyssal Sceptor
Zhonyas
RoA
Deathcap
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3ThereWasNoWayPosted 11/30/2012 3:08:09 PM
im never a fan of nashors.

i generally go boots, 3 pots
first back 1-2 dorans rings
next kage's/hextech gunblade (only kage's if you're stomping)
Work on zhonyas (since ur ult puts u so close to everyone. really helps if u roam and turret dive)
finsih wots (get DFG)
theres ur core.
rylais if needed (i like going pretty much all assassin more than tanky. i only go tanky if i jungle her)
rabadons (obvi) void staff (obvi)

etc....
---
"...and she said 'there was no way' "
#4PenakotoPosted 11/30/2012 3:08:58 PM
Boots + Pots
Kages
Sheen
Merc Treads
Crystal Scepter
Death Cap
Lich bane
Void Staff
Hourglass or Abyssmal

Nashors is only good on Diana if you build her as a tankier, bruiser type build, not as a straight AP carry, which is what mid should be most of the time.
#5anilEhilatedPosted 11/30/2012 3:09:59 PM
Double doran, abyssal, doomhat, lichbane.
---
For who could ever...?
#6SlaynPosted 11/30/2012 3:12:57 PM
Usually build:

Sorc boots
Abyssal
Zhonyas
Rabadons
Lichbane

Finish off with:

GA
Rylai's
Void staff
DFG

Would never use:

Malady ( wtf? )
Nashor's
WOTA
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#7reaver89Posted 11/30/2012 3:17:10 PM(edited)
I love Nashor's on her. Moreso than Malady. That and Rylai's are usually in my core as well. Sorc boots are a standard, but I don't see anything wrong with Berserker greaves and void staff.

These are the items I usually always get on her (not in order):

Sorc boots
Nashor's tooth
Rylai's

I usually play her jungler, so that's why I don't always get deathcap. I go tankier first and get deathcap if we are doing well or the AP carry is not doing enough damage.
I've also gotten an Aegis on her as well.

My advice if you go mid though, rush catalyst into a ROA unless you get the chalice. Diana is mana hungry as it is while jungling. Laning is harder on her mana.
#8FreshSushiPosted 11/30/2012 3:18:35 PM
RoA is a terrible item if you don't spam mana. Turrible. Rylais is just a terrible item period.
---
AE 2012: (Gouken), LoL: (Cho, Morde, J4), Chivalry: (Van)
Dark Souls 2, Cave Story 2 plz
#9KirbixPosted 11/30/2012 3:21:16 PM
FreshSushi posted...
RoA is a terrible item if you don't spam mana. Turrible. Rylais is just a terrible item period.

Yes, 500 health and a permaslow is useless on champions like eve and ahri...
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#10Walker_RealPosted 11/30/2012 3:24:37 PM(edited)
Personally I believe Rylais is a no go until you get cap because otherwise it isn't worth it other than the hp. You're burst and have built in chase, focus on your burst and make the chase shorter instead.

- Sorc's Boots
-1 or 2 Doran's Rings

Here I decide my first core item. It's always either;

-Abyssal Sceptor
or
-Zhonya's

The decision is easy. Abyssal if you're facing a magic damage mid or problem, for instance I hate Ahri on me so I get abyssal vs her first. Zhonyas is for facing a bruiser or AD who has more sustained damage than your burst.

Then I get Cap, (Don't try anything else lol. Seriously. You'll drop off.)

Then I try one more big AP item. It's either the Abyssal or Zhonyas I didn't make earlier or a Rylai's Crystal Scepter if I feel like my def/mdef covers my threats and I just need hp.

Then I make Guardian Angel usually, for ultimate dunk-Ana, because at this point they've wised up and everyone focuses me and lures me into popping Hour glass.