Ok. DotA 2 Time.

#21VeeVeesPosted 11/30/2012 2:29:17 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
higher skill like times table of 7 is harder than 5. in the end mechanics in a moba are still easy as hell and the game should focus on strat vs strat instead of minor inconveniences like denying.

there's much more in dota that makes it a more challenging game

camp stacking/pulling

intense micro with heroes like chen, invoker and meepo

actual mana costs(at level 2 tiny can't cast both of his spells without extra INT for mana pool)

etc.

etc etc that still only requires half the apm of a real rts. have you ever thought to yourself how you can't copy that maneuver who and who just pulled in a moba? seriously.
---
Rudy sucks
#22VoidgolemPosted 11/30/2012 2:31:41 PM(edited)
etc etc that still only requires half the apm of a real rts. have you ever thought to yourself how you can't copy that maneuver who and who just pulled in a moba? seriously.

Well, I know why I can't copy some maneuvers people pull in this.

this damn laptop overheats if asked to perform over 25 fps for any length of time. That's why.

More seriously: It could be argued that 'real' RTSes as a whole aren't high on the skill spectrum compared to more twitchy games. Could be. I don't care to myself.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#23T-Viral-XPosted 11/30/2012 2:30:21 PM
Denying is easy and nonsensical. People vastly overrate its impact.
---
[~N~] [3_D] [U_U] lol, sig
Banking on Zelda Wii U being a Glass Zelda - 7/5/11
#24shadyelfPosted 11/30/2012 2:30:49 PM
It's an interesting mechanic but one thing I've never really understood is how many denies does it take to make a difference? Usually in the game I spectate it's 100cs/10 denies. Is that a significant amount? Doesn't seem like it to me but I don't know a lot about it.
---
?
#25WebBowserPosted 11/30/2012 2:31:49 PM
I have said it before and will say it again, denial does in fact exist in League. If you have a champ that ignores collisions like Hecraim, you can stand on top of a weak minion and take a shot for him. If you have a shield like Janna or Karma, you can shield the minion and deny that way. If you have a cheap AOE heal like Alistar, then you can use that to deny your opponent. The two differences are that one, not every champ has it and two, denying in league pushes your lane, unlike dota where it unpushes your lane. I do not have a problem with denying so much as I have a problem with forcing your lane to not overextend, making it very difficult for a jungler to help a struggling lane. Denying champs and towers I do think is stupid, if you take a tower, you get gold, end of story, your opponents should not be able to take away that gold by simply being there and hitting the tower with a few auto attacks before you do. Same for champs/heroes.

My two cents.
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#26Herostratus_Posted 11/30/2012 2:32:45 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
I came to League roughly 3 years ago, from playing the original DotA.

I liked LoL more back then, and i still like it more now.

this IS your opinion and i am not arguing over which game should be liked/not liked

My point is that DotA is a higher skill game and I don't understand why people try to argue this and that if they have barely touched the game

I don't think very many players would seriously argue that League takes more skill than Dota 2.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#27ssj98_gotenksPosted 11/30/2012 2:32:51 PM
i agree
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/vwHzb.gif
#28AllDayCarryPosted 11/30/2012 2:35:14 PM
Denial is fine on DotA not having denial is fine on LoL.

I don't play BF3 and cry about not having kill streaks, I just put C4 on my jeep and crash it into a a group of people and hit my clacker.

You can't deny in League but you can still force your opponent out of lane or bully them out of cs which to me feels more satisfying that killing my own minion. That being said, could GP just walk up and hit his own minion or did he have to Parrrley em?
---
I suck at this game
#29xHFxPosted 11/30/2012 2:35:37 PM
Except it really isn't. Not saying it's worse, but saying the two are separated by a massive skill gap or something is just ridiculous.

lol
#30VoidgolemPosted 11/30/2012 2:37:15 PM
Denial is fine on DotA not having denial is fine on LoL.

I don't play BF3 and cry about not having kill streaks, I just put C4 on my jeep and crash it into a a group of people and hit my clacker.

You can't deny in League but you can still force your opponent out of lane or bully them out of cs which to me feels more satisfying that killing my own minion. That being said, could GP just walk up and hit his own minion or did he have to Parrrley em?

GP needed an allied non-champion target to use Raise Morale on and could do this at range.

Moreover, it auto-killed the target, removing much of what would be considered "skill" from the equation.

It also led to GPs carrying around stacks of wards in case of baron fights and such, but that's a different story.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"