why is the pro players for this game all 12 yr olds?

#1crondizzlePosted 11/30/2012 4:41:31 PM
it looks like a middle school class watching this "pro" stream
#2CascaydePosted 11/30/2012 4:44:13 PM
Why would someone who has gone through college/university quit a potentially stable career path to play a video game professionally. And they probably wouldnt have had the time to play as much as they could have to be as good as they are.
---
GT: DeLaMal
#3TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:27 PM(edited)
Cascayde posted...
Why would someone who has gone through college/university quit a potentially stable career path to play a video game professionally.

^

Professional Gamer = Unstable, but they're in High School, so if it falls through who cares? Once you're old enough that you don't have your parents to fall back on you need something reliable.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#4mattislegionPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:32 PM
Except most of them are in their 20's.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#5PegetaPosted 11/30/2012 4:57:55 PM
Cascayde posted...
Why would someone who has gone through college/university quit a potentially stable career path to play a video game professionally. And they probably wouldnt have had the time to play as much as they could have to be as good as they are.

Sounds like you don't have much "work experience" yourself buddy. A job is a job
#6Sid_IcarusPosted 11/30/2012 4:59:41 PM
Why Is pro players

Why are you writing like a 5 year old?
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#7SheenyGodPosted 11/30/2012 5:03:59 PM
The casters were talking about how Reginald had 4 people in his room cause you have to be 21 to sign for a room
---
I'm not racist i dont care what color my slave is
GameFaqs-Trolling made easy
#8darkestmercPosted 11/30/2012 5:15:49 PM
Pegeta posted...
Cascayde posted...

Sounds like you don't have much "work experience" yourself buddy. A job is a job

A job and a career are different.

And I am having difficulty seeing the relevance of your response to the comment Cascayde posted.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#9samuricexPosted 11/30/2012 5:24:10 PM(edited)
Because most peoples' reflexes and reaction ability are at their peak during their late teen years. I saw that on some Korean StarCraft documentary a few years ago when they were studying exactly what your question is asking. So people in that age range just naturally have an advantage.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana